I made a facebook page because I'm lonely! :(

Options
Hi Everyone! :heart:

Not sure if it is OK to post this here, or anything ... So I am sorry if it's not...:ohwell:

I was wondering if anybody else uses facebook as often as I do? ;) Well, I am on a quest of personal health and fitness, but unfortunately I am pretty much doing this alone. Completely alone. Unless you want to count my 6 year old ;) My husband is not on board, none of my classmates are on board, my in-laws are not on board, and my bestest friends and family are several states away! Nobody around me supports the change of lifestyle, they always raise eyebrows at me working out and bringing my own lunch to family get together on Sundays lol. But the fact of the matter is, I need to increase my stamina and strength for a future career path I hope to get into.

I'm an overweight 24 year old, a wife, mother of two small children and a full time student dual majoring in network engineering and network security so I spend (and will spend) a LOT of time at the computer... :grumble:

I started Turbofire today, but I feel so alone! Facebook is a frequent place (unfortunately?) for me to be, mostly due to long-distant family and keeping up to date with my classmates. It is SO easy for me to slip from being healthy, I feel like I need people watching me.

So will you watch me? LOL.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kyriel/219738488064443

No seriously though, if anyone is even remotely interested, or if you are alone too.... there's my page. Lol. Right now I am doing the program called TurboFire <3

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a Facebook friend. skwilson1990
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    you can add me on facebook or MFP if you like the more support we have the easier it will be to get her done :)
  • NWLARealtor57
    NWLARealtor57 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is great, I am doing Turbo Jam and love it, going to move up to Turbo Fire soon! Good Luck~
  • sandidcauchon
    sandidcauchon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll add you :) I'm frequently on Facebook too
  • Khiyaemommy
    Options
    It's definitely not good to be alone in this life changing event. You need the support and motivation to help you through and you will get that here....but you can add me on facebook...Joyalynn Morrow.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'm (sadly?) on MFP more than FB these days, but feel free to add me on MFP as I am happy to cheer you on! I couldn't have come as far as I have without my pals! They rock!!!!

You can do this and don't be discouraged by others around you. I got alot of looks at first when I started bringing healthy lunches to work and turning down invites to eat out, but NOW I get lots of "How did you do it?"s Which is a nice change.

Just stick with it and you'll get there.
  • awtakontrl
    awtakontrl Posts: 31
    Options
    I KNOW WHATCHA MEAN! people at work as me when i'm gonna eat "real food" cause i dont partake in their potlucks. i tell them i eat real food, just not JUNK food (often). lol

good luck! u can do it! i do, and god knows how hard and tempting it can be, but i have a goal!! :D
  • amandalovesyouu
    amandalovesyouu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me we can all do it together :]

Amanda Carlo
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your buddy. It's so hard to do it alone...I'd love to help. Couldn't find you on facebook..I'm on there quite often. Feel free to add me Dawn Murdock Springer. I'll send you a friend request on MFP.

We can do this!!

Hugs!!
  • heather752
    heather752 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi, Just liked your FB page! Feel free to add me as a friend on FB...I am on there a lot also!
    I am new to this site so I will try to figure out how to send you a friend request here!
    Heather
  • TooFine4MFP
    TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You can add me Tanya StaysonFire Coles.................:))))
  • fitkyriel
    fitkyriel Posts: 29
    Options
    You are all so great! It's good to know (in a good way lol) that there are others out there in the same situation, and good to know others out there are willing to help and support others!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i'm on here much more than facebook, i find the friends here more supportive than anywhere
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    *like*
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Like some of the others, I am on MFP much more than facebook. The friends you make here are all supportive, the conversation is fun and just what you need on a bad or good day. Add me as I friend, in fact add anyone that is interesting to you. We are all here for the same reason (to lose weight for most of us) to establish a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am on both haha most browsers allow you to have more than one page open at a time. I do more forums and stuff on MFP and just keep up with friends on Facebook since none of them are really into the fitness thing at my level right now. I do not give out my personal, personal, info but feel free to add me on MFP if you need some extra support.
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Welcome,and feel free to add me as a MFP friend. You are not alone on your quest. There are a lot of great people on this site who want the same thing you want...a leaner, healthier and a stronger body to be the best we can be. Some of us have a lot of support at home and some of us...me included, not so much. You will get all kinds of great support here. Good Luck.:flowerforyou:
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hey I have tons of friends on Facebook but the few I have on here are way more supportive then the ones on Facebook....I say stick with here people are more helpful an caring....
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    *Hugs* Your post made me sad :( everyone needs support doing this. Add me as a friend if you like. I don't get on FB much anymore but I'm spending *way* too much time here LOL!
  • Empressmee
    Empressmee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well.. I'm in need of some support too! I was doing good for a while I'd lost 17lbs, but then got side tracked and managed to gain 9 of that back. I have been trying hard for the past month to get back with the program.. So far no luck :sick: