low cal breakfast ideas?

Options
Hi
Any suggestions for Low cal breakfast pref easy/quick to prep.

Thanks in Advance

Replies

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Eggs. Don't be fooled by their simplicity. You can make them in many different ways, and they cook quickly. I recently found a link for ways to make eggs: http://www.breakfastwithnick.com/2014/04/08/how-do-you-want-your-eggs-eleven-ways-to-cook-an-egg/

I also recommend eggs in a nest, which one of the commenters in the link above mentioned.
  • realsammysalamander
    realsammysalamander Posts: 49 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I second the eggs. And to add to that I don't stick with traditional breakfast foods all the time. Some leftover roasted chicken with green beans starts me off ok some days. Protein and fibre is what I look for.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Add any meat and any veggies.
  • rozexhipsx
    rozexhipsx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I personally love turkey bacon, eggs and some fruit or Greek yogurt. It's filling and packed with protein!

Also my new favourite - smoothie bowls! Google some recipes!

Or - cook an egg how you like it, toast half of a whole wheat English muffin , and place the egg on top like an open faced sandwich. Top with avocado, tomato, spinach and a dash of hot sauce if you like! Nutrient packed and SO good!
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Eggs eggs eggs!
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I like Skyr natural yogurt to which I add some frozen berries (defrost the night before).
    It is low calorie, high in protein and tastes very good.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    How low calorie are you wanting to go? My lowest calorie breakfast consists of Barbara's Bakery Shredded Wheat Biscuits (2 biscuits) and 1/2 cup milk. Tastes like cardboard but seems to keep me relatively satisfied until lunch.

As everyone said, eggs can be low calorie but I think because of their "softness" and lack of volume, they don't really stay with me long. I did have a breakfast of one slice of Ezekial bread, 1/4 of an avocado, and 1 egg. That is probably my most satisfying breakfast. It fits the low calorie bill at about 265 calories but it's not my lowest cal breakfast.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Define low.

The only breakfasts with less than 300 calories that have a chance of filling me up are oats made with almond milk with some protein powder or PB2 or 2 eggs and some refried beans.
  • stephenmoralee
    stephenmoralee Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Black coffe with no sugar......skip breakfast alltogether and eat your first meal of the day at about 12.30
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    A protein shake with 8oz chocolate almond milk and 3/4 scoop of isopure whey fills me up for 4+ hours...and runs about 220ish calories.
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal, cook and serve over 1 cup frozen blueberries sprinkled with grated fresh ginger and cinnamon then stick in microwave a few seconds to de thaw the berries
    Pour 1/3 C kefir over that
    Approx 275 cal and most importantly fills you up until lunch

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Lean meats, mushrooms, egg whites, salsa
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    During the week, I have Greek yogurt with 12 almonds and a Tbls of dried cranberries mixed in. 226 calories and quite filling. On Sundays, egg, english muffin and sometimes with turkey or chicken sausage, once in a while real bacon.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    A bowl of 100% bran cereal & soy milk. It holds me longer than other cereals or bread and gives a head start on the daily fiber requirements. Means a protein-based snack is necessary a couple hours later.
  • GoodLife4Karen
    GoodLife4Karen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 1 Jimmy Dean delights breakfast frittata (130 calories) and a kirkland grapefruit cup (55 calories.). A healthy breakfast under 200 calories. Sometimes I bake up a batch of my own frittatas in Corning ware ramekins and snap on a liid. Only a minute or two in the microwave and breakfast is ready.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    Black coffee.