I want to lose 32lbs... I've never had to lose this much before

32lbs isn't a lot when I know many man and women have 50+ to lose. I admire their dedication far more than I can say about my own right now. Some people think 32lbs is nothing. That is a small child at best. But it is a lot for me. Previously weighing 105lbs prior to children. Maintaining a weight of 140lbs for nearly 5 years and then in less than 8 months gaining 32 lbs. It all happened so fast and now I am just like %#$@ what do I do? I joined MFP in hopes I would find similar people in my position. All of my friends have great self control, or just don't have a weight issue at all. I WANT TO BE LIKE THAT TOO

Replies

• goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    I need to lose 25lbs. We can do this I'll add you!! :)
  • CherPereira
    CherPereira Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks! The most I have ever lost was 10lbs. It was a world of difference at the time but 32 lbs feels like it will take an eternity.
  • This content has been removed.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Break it up into smaller goals....5 or 10 pounds at a time or 10% of your body weight. That might make you feel less overwhelmed than the "whole 32" mindset.
    Good luck!
  • vnewton999
    vnewton999 Posts: 1 Member
    I am look to loose about the same amount of weight, or 15% body fat. Please add me. Any suggestions etc would be awesome