Tummy Pooch

Does anyone know any good exercises that stimulate muscle growth in the stomach? Especially to help out with that little tummy pooch?! Anything aside from the standard crunch?

Replies

• RasheedaR
    RasheedaR Posts: 38 Member
    Everywhere I have researched says "Abs are made in the kitchen"! So if your nutrition is PERFECT your abs will show!

But to strengthen, you could do planks any kind of pilates workout or check bodybuilding.com for great core/abs workouts!
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Everywhere I have researched says "Abs are made in the kitchen"! So if your nutrition is PERFECT your abs will show!

But to strengthen, you could do planks any kind of pilates workout or check bodybuilding.com for great core/abs workouts!

Thanks! Actually, my stomach is going down from better nutrition. I didn't know if there was a way to speed that up!
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member

^^^This. Also, every"body" is different, and personally, I always have to lose extra weight for the flat stomach in addition to the tummy workouts. That's always the toughest part!
  • A reverse crunch is the best way to get rid of that pooch... or so I have been told by two personal trainers, two yoga instructors and my doctor! I have to get closer to my goal weight before I can tell you for sure but I do know that after 3 sets of 30 that portion of my stomach is sore beyond belief! But you will obviously have to do some cardio to burn the fat there too in order to show off the muscle that you build.
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    A reverse crunch is the best way to get rid of that pooch... or so I have been told by two personal trainers, two yoga instructors and my doctor! I have to get closer to my goal weight before I can tell you for sure but I do know that after 3 sets of 30 that portion of my stomach is sore beyond belief! But you will obviously have to do some cardio to burn the fat there too in order to show off the muscle that you build.

Thanks for the info!
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    A reverse crunch is the best way to get rid of that pooch... or so I have been told by two personal trainers, two yoga instructors and my doctor! I have to get closer to my goal weight before I can tell you for sure but I do know that after 3 sets of 30 that portion of my stomach is sore beyond belief! But you will obviously have to do some cardio to burn the fat there too in order to show off the muscle that you build.

^^^^That. I'm doing 30DS and Jillian says they help. But overall fat loss is the only way to SEE the abs.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Today a trainer at the gym told me that straight crunches are pointless- you should add weight to crunches i.e. a medicine ball or weights. But yes, you can't spot reduce. The only way to get rid of the tummy is to eat right and lose weight- it will come off from your tummy when it feels like it lol