Sneezing after running outside.

Options
So. This is new. My nose has often tried to defeat me while running. I accepted I was one of the runny nose runners, always needing to carry a wagde of tissue.

I've never had hayfever, but this last couple of weeks, about 15 minutes after my run, I start sneezing, constantly, for about an hour, and tickly nose for a day or so, constantly needing to blow my nose.

A search online brings up exercise induced rhinitis. How do others with it cope?

Replies

• Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Absent further information, sounds like an allergy, possibly to pollen since you indicated that it occurs outside. Over the counter medications are somewhat effective. If it is really getting you down, see an allergist to identify the allergen and evaluate you for various therapies.

Hang in there!
  • cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I vote for allergy too. They can just develop one day. I've suffered all my life and most of my family didn't have allergies. A couple of them have had the very same thing happen and when we see one another they say I infected them with my allergies. :| I told them it doesn't work that way but they don't believe me
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I have seasonal allergies and Claritin or Zyrtec once a day during my allergy seasons seems to help.
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I've bought Claritin. Fingers crissed it helps.