How much of my exercise. Slotted should I eat back?

Options
I have5 pounds to lose and my bmi is 22.7. I typically burn 500 calories 3x a week through exercise and then on a Saturday, I perform steady state cardio for 2 hours and burn 1000 calories. I do this for fun while watching a movie. How much of these calories should I eat back to still lose approx 1 pound a week? I'm on 1700 calories a day btw. I hope this makes sense.

Replies

• halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    The title is meant to read 'how many of my exercise calories SHOULD I eat back'
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    As machines and MFP over estimate calorie burns from exercise, start with eating 50% back, weigh weekly, and evaluate your loss accordingly. If you are losing slower, eat less back.
  • halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I wear a polar heart rate monitor watch which is more accurate. Should I still eat half back?
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    HRM aren't meant to measure caloric burn during anything other than steady state cardio--if you are 'earning' calories by wearing your HRM while lifting you shouldn't eat many of those back, if any.
  • poorlittlefish
    poorlittlefish Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you are running there are pretty accurate calorie predictors online, I use those and eat them all back because running makes me hungry!