Try this! It might help you.

Options
Acal01
Acal01 Posts: 66 Member
edited October 2016 in Success Stories
Went from being 248 lbs, to currently 185. It honestly has taken me over a year, but if I wasn't so undisciplined, I would've probably lost them pounds faster. I'm definitely back on track now, and plan not to leave this time. Thankfully, despite my lack of persistence, I've managed not to gain the weight I've lost. I've been in 185 for the last 5 months ('til today). Maybe losing it little by little (1 to 2 pounds a week), has helped me a bit. I'm 5'9", so since I still have some shredding to do, I plan to go down to 160. I actually downloaded an app yesterday I saw on Facebook called Running. I started doing the routine today. It gives you routines for beginners to advanced runners. I'm definitely a beginner, and my first day (today) wasn't that bad. I just sweated like a pig being hunted. So, I'll keep you guys updated with my new results. If you need any help and or advice, look me up on FB as Luis Guillermo Acal. I speak Spanish as well, in case you need some latino help. Hehe. Catch y'all later.

Keep up the good work.

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress and I am glad that you mentioned your 5 month plateau - this gives me hope!
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Do you happen to get your Lean body mass measured while at 248? Do you have a current LBM measurement? I'm curious because I'm 5'8 250lbs 176lbs LBM and 74lbs of fat. I'm curious about muscle loss on the way down. I've heard it can be as much as 30% of the total weight loss. I've set my goat as 200lbs, but maybe 185lbs might be more realistic for me to reach 15%.
  • Acal01
    Acal01 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    JoshD8705 wrote: »
    Do you happen to get your Lean body mass measured while at 248? Do you have a current LBM measurement? I'm curious because I'm 5'8 250lbs 176lbs LBM and 74lbs of fat. I'm curious about muscle loss on the way down. I've heard it can be as much as 30% of the total weight loss. I've set my goat as 200lbs, but maybe 185lbs might be more realistic for me to reach 15%.

I actually don't have my LBM measurements. How can I get them? Would love to know if I'm in the right track.
  • JoshD8705
    Options
    Either higher a trainer with a Caliper (can be off by a few %), or get in the water http://www.cosmed.it/en/test-site-locator (it'll cost a bit)
  • JoshD8705
    Options
    hire*
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You look good!
    And yes, running is fun! Enjoy the adventure. Im on week 7 on a similar running app and let me tell you: You will improve much faster than you think.
  • saminabilal
    saminabilal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!