Who Drinks Lemon Water Every Day?

Options
I am wondering if I should start drinking lemon water each day. I have seen a lot of info online about how good it is, and I want to hear from someone that drinks it every day.

My questions are: How long have you been drinking it? What does it do? How do you prepare it? And what difference has it made?

Also, might seem kind of odd, but can drinking lime water have the same or similar effect?

Thanks!

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I sometimes drink it, did more so when I was transitioning from 6+ Mtn Dews a day to drinking mostly water. I didn't notice that it did anything special, it just gave my water a taste, encouraging me to drink.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    All the water I drink is lemon water. About 100 oz a day. I put crystalized lemon in, called True Lemon. I've been drinking it for at least 3 years now. I put it in a 25 oz thermos with ice and just drink it. There is nothing special about it, other than it makes the water nicer to drink. It doesn't do anything other than flavor the water.
  • TribalmamaEmily
    TribalmamaEmily Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Many years, have no idea how many. I love lemons. They are refreshing, cleansing and aid anyone with liver and or adrenal issues.
    I do the True lemon when i can't tote the fresh. Although these days i drink my lemon with green tea and stevia. ...i don't drink a gallon of water anymore.
    I had my gall bladder out when i was 17 then i was diagnosed with liver toxicity. So that's why and when i discovered how beneficial lemons are. I believe that they helped me with bile and digestion but again i'm gall bladder-less. I feel they can balance out acidity and at times i will take a break from them and switch to limes just because i like them too (but not as much).
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I am wondering if I should start drinking lemon water each day. I have seen a lot of info online about how good it is, and I want to hear from someone that drinks it every day.

My questions are: How long have you been drinking it? What does it do? How do you prepare it? And what difference has it made?

Also, might seem kind of odd, but can drinking lime water have the same or similar effect?

Thanks!

Drinking any water, with or without any fruit flavoring in it, will have the same effect. It will hydrate you, but it has no magic effect upon health or weight loss.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    sometimes if im going on really long hikes/runs/walks i take a bottle of water and add a little lemon juice, honey, and salt...

xsi2qu8d5m2q.gif
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    The first thing I consume in the morning is half a squeezed lemon into a glass of warm filtered water with a touch of stevia...it's like a button that keeps me regular. About 3-4 minutes after consuming, I'm in the bathroom lol!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Drink it if you like it

It's just hydration

It just doesn't stack up

Lemon is not magical, it's slightly acidic and hits stomach acid so what magic do people think is going to happen then? Is it more magical that orange or lime or even cake? No

It has half the calories of same amount of orange juice and slightly more than lime juice. 38.7mg vitamin C in 100g lemon juice, but you're not adding that much are you?, (orange juice has 50mg and lime juice 30mg)
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I dilute my liquid iron with it. I love lemon water and thankfully cannot taste the iron.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,966 Member
    Options
    ward off scurvy?
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Its supposed to aid in weight loss .. basically drink it if you like it

If I have lemons I'll drink it first thing in the morning

It tastes good and helps make you feel healthy
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Its supposed to aid in weight loss .. basically drink it if you like it

If I have lemons I'll drink it first thing in the morning

It tastes good and helps make you feel healthy

By what mechanism can it aid weight loss?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Yep - just the same effect.
    A tasty and refreshing beverage that will hydrate you and do nothing to aid weight loss.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't like it. Water is supposed to taste like water and nothing else. If I want a lemonade I will make a lemonade. As for weight loss, it doesn't do anything. Some people feel it makes drinking water more pleasant so they add some lemon juice or something. Drink it if you like it, but if you aren't a fan of the taste you aren't missing out on anything by not drinking it.
  • stephenmoralee
    stephenmoralee Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i drink quite a lot but i get fed up of just drinking Water, so i male lemon water now and then, tastes more refreshing to me, i don't think it is going to make much difference though (apart from the taste)
  • missymelmo
    missymelmo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was told by a naturepath that lemon or apple cider vinegar in water first thing in the morning aids with kick starting your digestion, specifically as I was having digestion issues it was recommended. Did it make a difference- I'm not sure. But I do still do it and enjoy it. There's studies re apple cider vinegar assisting with weight loss, but I don't know enough facts to comment myself.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    missymelmo wrote: »
    I was told by a naturepath that lemon or apple cider vinegar in water first thing in the morning aids with kick starting your digestion, specifically as I was having digestion issues it was recommended. Did it make a difference- I'm not sure. But I do still do it and enjoy it. There's studies re apple cider vinegar assisting with weight loss, but I don't know enough facts to comment myself.

Yeah be sure .its all crap ..or pseudo-science that works on the placebo effect, but the placebo effect can be strong so meh ...go for it

Read this if you want to http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Naturopathy/naturopathy.html

Naturopaths are well meaning charlatans basically
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Some people believe it speeds up the metabolism thus aiding weight loss. This isn't true.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    I dilute my liquid iron with it. I love lemon water and thankfully cannot taste the iron.

The vitamin C helps with iron absorption too.

OP - if it helps you drink more water - great. But no magical properties.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Thanks!
    What specifically did you read online that indicated something beneficial about lemon water? If it was anything other than "might taste better than regular water if you enjoy citrus fruits" then stop reading those websites.