Ate most of my calories already-advice?!

Options
So I only have 183 calories left for the day. I haven't worked out yet, and this is "my" Friday as I don't have a normal schedule. I am exhausted after a very long work week. I didn't pack my gym clothes today because i thought I would go home and go for a run, only it is pouring outside......I can't seem to motivate to get in the car to go back to the gym. Haven't had dinner yet and kind of want to eat it at some point, kitchen is a mess from everything I made last night and looks daunting (meaning I don't want to clean it, chop vegetables and re-cook for a smidgeon of calories). Tomorrow will be different I know, just have to get up and run before I start my day. Any advice? And I feel guilty not working out!

Replies

• jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    look for that working out channel!!!! get in gear!!!!! or have a salad ;) goodluck to you
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I would definitely not skip dinner. In the past, I had many nights where all I had in the house (when I was single) was vegetables. I would grill them in my George Forman grill, lol, and they are delicious, filling, and have negligible calories. Another idea would be to add a hard boiled egg to a salad.
  • aubarnold
    aubarnold Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Do something for at least 10 minutes...like pushups, situps, burpees, squats, lunges....you will be glad you did, and then you can have a little more for dinner :)
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Crunches burn a lot of calories for just a little time.

Fish & rice are low in calories.
    Mac n cheese and only eat 1cup (200 calories).
    Salad.
    Soup is really low in calories.

Also, if you go over, it's okay. This isn't a diet, it's a way of life. We can't be expected to stay under every single day. Some days we're more hungry than others. So don't feel guilty. Tomorrow is another day. =)
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was just going to suggest a workout video or channel. Even if you just walk in place while watching something, that's something!

Fresh fruits and vegetables are pretty low-cal.

And drink your water to help flush away the sodium to help you lose weight.

Just because you go over calories, it doesn't mean it has to be WAY over. You can do this!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I would eat. But eat a very clean meal. A couple hundred calories over your limit, one day, is not going to hurt you. Sometimes life just gets in the way. But if you don't eat, you might get frustrated and hungry and eat something that you may not otherwise eat.
  • punk_mama
    punk_mama Posts: 93
    Options
    Egg white omlette w/ tons of veggies & toast~~love breakfast for diner!!
  • vanzlin
    vanzlin Posts: 5
    Options
    A couple of suggestions- you need to eat and once you work out it will offset the calories anyway. Even cleaning up the kitchen would burn off some calories. A good meal of chicken or tuna on a tossed salad will give you some energy- or try a protein shake before your work out. It will almost be the right amount of calories and give you the kick you need. Hang in there and don't get discouraged about the calories. I sometimes go over and then make sure that I get right back on track the next day.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'd clean the kitchen, then while I'm up I'd either work out at home or go to the gym. Then you'll be able to have some supper without going negative on calories. Just do 30 minutes and you'll have enough for something light.
  • wantthistowork
    Options
    Can't really work out in the house with the tv, as we only have 2 in the house, one being in the main room (currently being used) and one in our bedroom (which is TINY-NO space to work out). I hope our next move includes a house with a basement where I can put a second tv/room for working out, but its not the case now. I guess more of the point is-how do you motivate to exercise when you are super tired? I am not one of those people that is good about going super late in the day/evening----kinda need to get it done and over with. I work at 6a.m., and when I work until 4 it can be a really long day! Plus, I work on my feet all day.

I physically feel bad not working out-but had an awesome work out yesterday (all the weight training I did in addition to cardio didn't get logged by this site).

And I get food envy-if I am eating spinach and cottage cheese and my boyfriend is eating something (anything!) else that looks delicious.....its a kind of torture that I don't like :).
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Then get out there and work out! You can do it! :)
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    how do you motivate to exercise when you are super tired?

I look at Victoria's Secret website while sitting naked in front of a mirror :laugh:
  • epoint
    epoint Posts: 88
    Options
    You know, if I am super-tired and don't feel like working out,... I don't. Particularly if I had a good workout the day before.

My rule of thumb is that I give myself permission to skip a day if I have worked out at least 2 previous days in a row. Most times I don't skip it, but when I have that tired, hungry, worn out feeling, I give my body a break. I say eat an egg (with veggies if you feel like chopping them.) Finish with some fruit, drink a big glass of water, and go to bed early!