How to Reach my Macros

Options
rubedog13
rubedog13 Posts: 2 Member
Hi everyone... Does anyone have any suggestions for a high protein high calorie low fat recipe? Been having trouble getting enough Cals and reaching my protein Macros.
Carbs=140g
Protein=185
Fats=65

Replies

• rubedog13
    rubedog13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1803 Cals a day
  • Damien_K
    Damien_K Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I recently started eating biltong and the macros is just amazing!
    It is similar to beef jerky but better in every way.

Maybe one of the South Africans here can share their recipe? @Morgaen73 can you help mate?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of protein. Why are you aiming for over 40% of your calories from protein?

The RDA for adequate protein for most adults is 0.8 grams per kilogram of ideal weight. That's about 46 grams of protein per day for non-pregnant, non-lactating women and 56 grams for men.

Dietary Reference Intakes: Macronutrients

The recommendation I've seen for optimal protein (especially if body building or losing weight) is 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass or 0.8 grams per pound of your ideal weight (middle of normal BMI).
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    185 grams of protein is quite a alot, so I presume there is a serious medical condition that warrants this type of protein consumption..

There is gonna be some fat added no matter what at some point, so choosing your fat and protein at the same time or adding fat will be your choice. You can just eat high protein at a meal and add calories to that.

https://www.drugs.com/cg/high-protein-high-calorie-diet.html