Stopped losing weight?

Hey i've started lising weight and so far so good i've managed to lose 1 stone 3 lbs.

But i've just hit 18 stome and havn't budged at all for nearly 4-5 days now.

Any advice or thoughts? I'm 100% still in my calorie deficit

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Weight loss isn't linear. You can't expect to lose daily, or weekly, due to normal fluctuations. Some weeks you will lose, some you will gain, and some you will stay the same. It just the nature of the game.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Are you exercising?

Muscles retain water when they're repairing after exercise.

You'll often find that your weight goes up a day or two after a heavy workout.

Or, if you're eating at a caloric deficit, your weight could stay the same, but with the water gain, you're still losing fat at the same time.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Hey i've started lising weight and so far so good i've managed to lose 1 stone 3 lbs.

Have patience. You've lost 18 pounds, which is great progress. In other words, you know what to do. Besides this, weight loss is not linear and you lose one week, stall the next week, maybe even gain another time. It's the downward trend that's important.

By the way, have you allowed MFP to reset your goals yet? This is important to do every ten pounds because as you lose weight you need less fuel for your body.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    4-5 days is nothing, weight loss isn't linear, do not reduce calories until you've gone at least 4 weeks without losing.
  • mynameisaaronn
    mynameisaaronn Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks for all the insight about water retention guys i'm quite new to losing weight so got worried when the scale stopped moving.
    And yes i have been excercising, i'm going the gym 3-4 days a week doing 30 mins cardio + resistance training. I also work in retail 5 days a week where i'm constantly on my feet moving around all the time
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member

That is normal, and as others mentioned 4-5 days isn't very long. Keep being diligent, and it will come off. You might want to ignore the daily fluctuations and just look at the overall trend down.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    4-5 days? NO.. Try more like 4 - 5 - 6 weeks before you should consider a "true stall"..

If you are 100% on point with your calorie deficit, even then you are not stalled, weight loss has just slowed down as in weight loss is not linear (there will be weeks when you lose and some when you don't).

So, if and when this happens and you are unsure or have any doubt that you are not meeting your calories deficit, this is where you will reassess your logging/consumption, exercise and your non exercise activity.