New here!

Options
Janie5605
Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
Hi everyone! I'm newish to the site. I've been using the Iphone app but thought the actual site might help boost my mental state. I've been dieting for about a month now and shortly after I started I got hurt so exercise has been taken out of the equation completely until I'm better. I actually just regained walking ability a few days ago...3 and a half weeks on crutches does a lot to your will to diet and not in a good way!

I'm a stay at home wife, up until we moved two months ago I worked 60 hours a week on my feet, which would have been great for a dieter but not when you're the owner operator of a pizza restaurant! So now I'm stuck here with no job and no friends and figured why not diet! We will be moving from New Mexico to Florida in a few months and I'd just like to be able to wear shorts again! My realistic goal for our move is to lose 30 lbs but would like to continue after the move. Being a military family I've noticed a lot of other wives like to set PCS goals (a goal for each move) and mine will be to lose 10 lbs per move...just want this next PCS to be my big woohoo weight loss goal. I'm so glad theres a site like this to keep me motivated! motivation is my downfall...and carbs.

Replies

• meljr66
    meljr66 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This site is great because you can read the posts and realize that we are all going through the same thing. I am 280 days in and already addicted! I can't help you with your love of carbs because...they rock my world! I just have to plan my day around them...Everything in moderation!