T25 results what to expect?

Options
Hey everyone!

I recently completed the first round of alpha T25 and lost about 6 lbs but definitely noticed a change in my body, it is tightening up.

1 week into beta and I gained a few lbs ...

My questions is this, should I go solely off of measurements for T25? I know muscle weighs more than fat, but stepping on the scale and seeing the numbers go up, when I want them to go down is discouraging.

Any advice would be great thanks!

Replies

• zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Congrats on completing the alpha phase. You probably gained weight due to water retention as the intensity of the workout increases in the beta phase.

Muscle does not weigh more than fat and it takes a lot of work to gain muscle for women.

Keep at it, you're doing fantastic. Continue to count calories accurately, track measurements along with weight. Don't be discouraged, weight loss is not linear. Best wishes!
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I read on a muscle and fitness magazine that men who lift can gain about 14 lbs of muscle a year, and for women, it is about half as much a year. Then, each consecutive year, it is not as much. If this is true, a woman will only gain a half pound to a pound of muscle a month. With this being said, I , too, think it is water weight or foods accumulated in your intestines. Women don't gain that much muscle from doing light reps of weight lifting for thirty minutes a day.