Help!!!

Options
So about two years ago I lost 100 lbs. I currently gained about 60lbs of it back. I keep trying to get back on a diet but can't seem to stick to it longer than a week. I need some help, tips and motivation to get me going. I am tired all the time, no motivation and sad about the way I look. None of my clothes are fitting anymore. Please help!!!

Replies

• kazc27
    kazc27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi shelbk35, start by making your first target to lose 5lb, plan your meals for the week, empty your cupboards of the foods you have difficulty controlling, and log each meal as you have it. Try building "me" time in your week, put it in your diary, then plan a walk if you are able to. I am disabled and am limited how far I can walk, but I am now swimming 4 times a week which is my "me" time. Treat yourself for each goal you achieve- flowers, a coffee with friends, a good film, book, magazine. You will slowly begin to believe in yourself. You have a good start coz you are still 40 lb less than originally - well done.
  • hope2005r
    hope2005r Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Small steps! Just like KazC said! I made my goal smaller for now, a mini goal, so I won't be over whelmed! I count by macros!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    shelbk35 wrote: »
    So about two years ago I lost 100 lbs. I currently gained about 60lbs of it back. I keep trying to get back on a diet but can't seem to stick to it longer than a week. I need some help, tips and motivation to get me going. I am tired all the time, no motivation and sad about the way I look. None of my clothes are fitting anymore. Please help!!!

There's a really good chance your calorie limit is too low. What @hope2005r said..........small steps. Don't try to lose it so fast.

Make small changes, and learn life time habits that can help you keep the weight off. I've done the yo-yo thing myself, so I feel your frustration.
  • jenfen80
    jenfen80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been breaking my weight loss into small goals too, like pre-pregnancy weight with baby 2, then pre-pregnancy weight with baby 1! Then size goals knowing that another 7lbs would put me down a dress size so aiming for that. I'm currently on 63lbs off and next goal is wedding day weight.. another 14lbs to go!
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    When I gained back some of the weight I lost (43 of 67 pounds I still have 90 to go) I told myself that I did not fail, that it was part of the learning process of how to do this right. I found that when I stopped beating myself up for failing, I started to make small changes that were helpful when I was doing well. It took a little while but now I am back on track. You can do it, you did it once before so you have all the tools and know more now. Be kind to yourself and good luck.