55 Pounds down.. loosing my drive I had before vacation :(

Options
2»

Replies

• mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You have done such an amazing job! Congrats girl, you look gorgeous!
  • edenruth
    edenruth Posts: 4
    Options
    WHOA! You look wonderful!!!! Last year I did a very similar thing where I lost 20 pounds starting feeling good about myself and then...gained it all back :((( But You are an inspiration to me! Keep it up! You look so beautiful!!!!
  • TiredOfBeingRound
    TiredOfBeingRound Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    we're in the same situation!! i started in jan...lost 21lbs by april. then hit a dead stop! then ended up gaining 6lbs back. but i'm back on! just started up again today.

we can do this!!
  • geoblue
    geoblue Posts: 19
    Options
    You can do it! Keep ypur goal at the top of your thoughts and keep reaching, your goal is attainable!
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am sending you a friend request. Our journeys are almost exactly the same! I weighed 222 in January and now weigh 168 (loss of 54 pounds) and I am trying to hit 142 by my birthday on Nov.3. I recently started to feel a little less motivated and was worried that I was on a slippery slope. BUT, I decided that I had not worked this hard and come so far for nothing, so I reached deep inside and started to really increase my exercise. That made all the difference for me!! I feel great again and have seen success on the scale so that, in and of itself, is motivation enough to continue! This lifestyle we are choosing is hard sometimes, but that doesn't mean we quit. Its the "hard" that makes it sooooo worth it. : )
  • lildietitian
    lildietitian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

First: You look FANTASTIC!!

Second: make a smaller goal to meet and the feeling of accomplishment from that small goal will get you back into your groove to keep chugging along! So maybe try entering all of your food and exercise for 2 weeks everyday here or incorporating exercise everyday even if it's a quick 30 min walk around the block.

Good Luck! You can do it!!
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    You are looking marvelous, and remember............it doesn't matter how many times you fall off the wagon, it MATTERS how many times you get back on again. ;-)

This is copied from another thread, but seems so appropriate for your situation. Best of luck!

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?
    If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,
    And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
    Want to know why?
    It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
    I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!
    Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.
    So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
    Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.
    That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.
    Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.
    So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."
    For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.
    And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
    Happy Days!!!
    After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!
    - Author Unknown
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference! I am new to this site but not trying to lose weight so I understand what you are going through. Maybe you should get some pretty post card material and write down the reasons why you want to lose weight to remind yoursel and keep it in your wallet or purse. I also put some colorful beachy themed stickers on them.

Another thing I did was purchased a pretty jar to sit on the kitchen counter and typed out reasons why I wanted to lose weight or how I would feel once the weight was lost or write down things that I would enjoy doing when I lost weight. It was kind of like a daily inspiration jar that I pulled from every day.

You look much more healthier! Keep up the good work!!
  • vaston
    vaston Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just bought me a new pair of workout shoes, Vibram Komodo Sport. I was so excited to try them out that I couldn't wait to leave work and get them on. Who knows, maybe a new pair of exciting workout shoes will get you back in the mood? Mix it up, do something new, do something fun. Don't lose your drive!
  • applebottomjeans11
    applebottomjeans11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You have done such an amazing job getting this 55lbs off, I know it's hard to jump back on after being on vacay and not worrying about it, I want you to look at those pictures LONG and HARD!! Do you want to go back to the 228 and how you looked/felt about yourself? Do you want to go out and buy clothes at the bigger size again? I am sure you said NO to all of it so pick yourself up, look in the mirror, smile and say I am going to do this NO MATTER WHAT, FOR ME!!!!! :-)
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You have done well as your pictures show. Congrats on that.

When I was close to your age I went from 250 to 160 lbs. I gained it all back (an then some) in a few short months . Now I am over 40 yrs old and again I am taking it off. It was much easier when I was below 30. Less pain, more energy, man I wish I would have kept it off. Good luck to you.
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You are looking good girl. You have come a long way don't stop now. I know how hard it is. I have done it over and over again only to gain everything back. Good luck I know you can do it.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Ask a marathon runner which mile is the hardest. They'll tell you it's the LAST mile. Loosing fat and getting healthy is exactly the same. In the beginning, it is all a new challenge, a new way of living and eating. You're trying new things, cooking new ways, everything is new and exciting.

Now as you near the end of your journey, the newness has worn off. You're a little bored with this new routine - it's not new any more. You're on your last mile and in the hardest part of your journey.

We can do it - I'm right there with you. I'm 13 pounds from my goal weight and the going is slow and tough. And this week, I'm crossing a huge milestone. I will be 70 years old on Thursday. How can that be? I was just a girl, a young bride, a new mom, a really young grand mom not so very long ago.
  • jms1976
    jms1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great. I totally understand what you are talking about. My husband and I are doing weight watchers and I've lost 68lbs but I'm at a stand still. Summer is here and even though we haven't gone on vacation yet we are totally in that vacation mode. Keep trying. I'm sure we will get our drive back.
    Jill
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you are looking fantastic
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!