Short people unite!

Options
I'm 19 and 4'10, and I've been on the weightless journey several times before. Right now, I'm at my heaviest of 158lbs, and my lowest was 115lbs (but i looked unhealthy - i didn't like the way i looked and i lost it unhealthily). I want to get back down to approximately 126lbs and see how I feel from there.
It's always difficult trying to lose weight, as our BMR and TDEE are so low, and so it's either starve to lose 1.5lbs a week or eat less and struggle to lose 0.5/1lb a week.
I want to add people in similar situations, so feel free to add me!

Replies

• cakelaide
    cakelaide Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have been and still in the exact same situation your in now. I am 4'11 and after having three kids I was at a good weight of 135 not too small and not big at all. That was almost three years ago. Since then I have gained 40 pounds and have been struggling to get it off. I have committed my self to eating properly and portioning my meals appropriately. I also have a great support system. My fiancé is my personal trainer and he kicks my butt every morning which I greatly appreciate and my mom helps to keep me on the right track with healthy and low calorie meals. One thing that a nurse told me which is so true. She said this is a life changing choice you have to make and stick with it. I he beginning it is rough but once you have been eating right and excersizing for a while you become accustomed to it like anything else. Just stay strong and keep at it. You will get to your gold weight!
  • SANCHLI
    SANCHLI Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    4'10 here, I 've slowly increase in weight for a year now, the heaviest I've been 135lbs and my lightest at 105 lbs (didn't like that look, neither did hubby). My husband and I got on the right track with eating healthy for us and the kids about 2 years ago. I was extremely tired all the time and slowly started to decrease my activity level, now I am miserable. I've been in the slumps for way to long and miss the activity level and time I was able to spend with my kids. Now trying my best to get back on track with group workouts 3 times a week. Whatever it takes to take my life back. I also just found out i have hypothyroidism so it might have contributed to the whole fatigue, metabolism issue. Here for support and encouragement!
  • shionmfp
    shionmfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and 5'2 and I started my journey this year. My starting weight was 165lbs and I'm now down to 129lbs. My progress has been slow lately and I don't have an exact goal weight in mind. I would love to add other short people on here. Maybe we can help each other out!
  • roslatte
    roslatte Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 163lbs but I used to be 168lbs at the start of September. I can't remember a time when I was less than 140lbs. I really want get to 138lbs and maybe from there 125lbs
  • jess427
    jess427 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    4'11" started 15 days ago at 146lbs now at 140 :) last few days feel like I'm losing motivation need ppl to push me along the way n I stay active on MFP try to be encouraging as well. Love the title btw short ppl unite !
  • kanaada
    kanaada Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    5"2 127pounds!!! Really need some support too:)
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Almost 5'3. You make me feel tall
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    5'1 here. I was super tiny and fit about 7 years ago. I got pregnant and "let it all go". I now have 2 beautiful girls and an additional 40 lbs. I've lost 8 or 9 since the middle of August, but seem to have stalled.

I love the short people unite title. Feel free to add me as a friend as well. Maybe together we can take on the world together!
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    5'1 here. Down 30 lbs but I have a lot more to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • aldonsa
    aldonsa Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm 30 turning 31 next month and 4'11 now at a 161lbs I've lost 12 lbs so far really want to go down to 130. I also need the support as I'm starting to go back to my old ways of over eating. I'm here for anyone who needs my help because I could use all of your help.
  • aldonsa
    Options
    Hello everyone I wanted to do an update, I weighted my self yesterday and I'm now at 159lbs! I'm super exited that all the hard work has been paying off. Still have lots of work to do and trying to stay positive. Let keep working hard and stay strong!!
  • jess427
    jess427 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone just checking in hope everyone is still pushing forward to reach your goals, we can do this!!:)
  • brucejei
    brucejei Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'2 and have been on a weight roller coaster for years. I got on MFP at the beginning of the year, and started off great, but then I got sick and let it all go. I'm slowly getting back on track, and would like to lose 15 lbs...I've lost 12 so far since starting on here. I'm hoping to keep it off this time. I sure could use some motivation as well as motivate others on here. Feel free to add me.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    People, in general, are at their lightest during October, so stay vigilant and focused with so many holidays heading our way. Our family celebrated Rosh Hashanah with it's food challenges and i didn't gain anything.....so we can do this.
    I'm 5'2 ......or maybe a teeny bit less and have not lost my way since January 2016.
    Good Luck to all of us shorties with Halloween etc coming up quickly.
    There is a "sporty shorty" group here.....join even if you're less than Five feet tall, ppl are nice in this group:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/9335-sporty-shorties-51-55
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I am 4"11 and it sucks. I hate it. I wish I can grow couple inches taller so I don't look short and dumpy (is what my ex husband said) wsq2kn2h30at.jpg
  • aldonsa
    Options
    I am 4"11 and it sucks. I hate it. I wish I can grow couple inches taller so I don't look short and dumpy (is what my ex husband said) wsq2kn2h30at.jpg

Girl you look good! Don't anybody tell you other wise!
  • StillBreathingFitness
    StillBreathingFitness Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options

Your ex was wrong. You look very nice!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and 131 and 29 years old. My goal is toget down to 120 I started at 143 a year ago. I need motivation, I have chronic migraine headaches and can't workout or eat somedays and that makes it difficult to lose weight and that affects my motivation. When you can only workout one or two days a week it seems pointless after a while.
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

If that is what short and dumpy looks like, sign me up. You look lean and petite!

I'm 5'2" and have lost 15 lbs so far, (sw: 165#) which has made a huge difference on my frame, though I still have at least 15 lbs to go. Even when I was at my lowest ever weight as an adult (120s) I felt like I damaged my shoes quicker than other people and had a harder time wearing heels because more weight/force was being focused on a smaller square footage (itty bitty foot size).
  • sharunza
    sharunza Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" and was around around 105 until I hit my 40s. Now I am 118 and would like to get close to 105 again. I'd be thrilled if anyone wanted to add me.