309 to 235 8 months in starting to slip

Options
After 8 months I'm starting to lose my motivation I'm not sure why.

Replies

• cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Remember why you started your journey, that helps me.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Because you have worked really hard and it's exhausting. Please keep going....you've come really far and accomplished a difficult task - keep focused.
  • fredgonzini
    fredgonzini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank-you so much
  • arjeffries136
    arjeffries136 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Find new goals and new motivations!
  • lindseyh816
    lindseyh816 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    After 7 months of logging on here, I lost 63 pounds and felt incredibly confident that I had permanently changed my poor eating habits. During my 8th month, I found myself with a new boyfriend and felt on top of the world. I then stopped logging. Biggest. Mistake. Ever. That was 1 year ago this month. In this past year, I've gained back all but 10 of the 63 pounds I worked my butt off to lose. I also kicked the boyfriend to the curb and realized that I lost myself and my focus the minute I got with him. Anyhow, I say all this so that you don't slip too far and find yourself in my shoes a year from now. I'm getting back on track starting tomorrow. Seriously.
  • fredgonzini
    Options
    That's what I am afraid of. I can't go back. It would kill me. Thanks for your response. Good luck to you your a beautiful young lady. Keep looking you will find love
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your weight loss. I started my journey at 314 and I went down to 189. I have since went back up to 209 as I lost my motivation too, mostly with eating but I feel like I'm more in control these days. Try to change it up, that might help. Good luck to you.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    What I have found to help is to set goals with a plan of how I will attain them.

Long term goal (ideal weight etc)
    Milestone goals to achieve Long term goal
    Plan of attack - this gets reevaluated at each milestone (accounts for change in TDEE, fitness etc).

Keep at it as you've done great so far.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of going back where I started. That keeps me going. If I'm not moving forward, I'm going back. 148 lost, 28 months.
  • fredgonzini
    Options
    dice80 wrote: »
    First of all, congratulations on your weight loss. I started my journey at 314 and I went down to 189. I have since went back up to 209 as I lost my motivation too, mostly with eating but I feel like I'm more in control these days. Try to change it up, that might help. Good luck to you.

Thank-you and congratulations
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You are doing GREAT! This is natural...Just remember, this is a lifestyle change. Life gives you ups and downs and is constantly changing.

Adjust you as well. Know you're going to have some changes. I have run into the same thing. I started on March 1st. I am in my 7th month. Things are different.

I have slowed down..purposely, for re-evaluation. I'm still exercising, but..I noticed I am craving food more..especially in the evening.

I decided to simply slow down, take some deep breaths, look back at your journey. Embrace all the good things you have accomplished, and enjoy the journey.

There are no backward steps..it's just life. Wrap your head around your adjustments. Shake things up.

I've changed my walking routes. I ride the bike, shorter times, and maybe add a session or two. I'm looking at new exercises. Different foods. Experimenting in cooking.

Do NOT give up. You're on my Friend's list and find me on Facebook if you're on there.

I'll have your back!

iixdd0wju1bk.jpg
  • BarbaraJatmfp
    BarbaraJatmfp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I lost my motivation at -61. Too bad for me because I had at least another 40 to go.

I haven't found my motivation. I'm researching motivation and will have a post on it in the next day or two.