Heart rate monitors

Options
pammye65
pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
Which is the best? Heart rate monitor with chest strap or just the wrist watch....What does the strap do anyway? Ive got a nice hill I want to start walking up and im anxious to see how many calories it would burn. Thanks

Replies

• mrslantu2020
    mrslantu2020 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this too - been wanting to invest in a HRM, but want to get the best for my money :happy:
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    the chest strap is what monitors your heart rate, giving you the more accurate calories burned than just the watch, which are usually not very accurate. I just bought a Polar FT7 on Amazon for 79 dollars and that includes expedited shipping!
  • areittinger
    areittinger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 Is the most reasonably priced one out there that strictly monitors your heart rate and calories burned. Around 89 dollars at sears. IT has a chest strap, You wet it strap put it on under your boobs, and start your watch when your ready to work out, and you can see your heart rate and calories burned during your work out. Deff get one with a chest strap.
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    Chest strap is a must!! Much more accurate. Good Luck!
  • Degrotet
    Degrotet Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 courtesy of my friend Gregg. It works great. It has the chest strap and watch and I don't even feel the chest strap when I wear it. I know I am greatly benefiting from the investment he made. Good luck!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 all the way! I've had it for a few months and haven't experienced any problems yet.
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    WOW...Thanks everyone!!