Looking for some friends on the tall side...tips for long frame. (6'6" 250lbs here)

Options
Looking for other tall guys (and gals) who might help out in my path back to fit. I am tall (6'6") and I feel heavy (250lbs) but "hold it well" people say but am tired of that....want to be fit. I have thick muscular legs so I will never be 200 lbs like some info tells me I should be but I am shoot for 225 and go from there. Lets connect and help each other out.

Steven

Replies

• lista10
    lista10 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"10 and I come from a family who's 6"7, 6"3, 6"4 and so I feel ya. You are starting that's great. I think just trying to get to a healthier you is awesome.
  • Blah_Blah42
    Blah_Blah42 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That is a big family there. :)

Just trying my best to figure it out. I feel like there are a lot of guides and suggestions out there that really dont seem to apply to people on the high (and low as well) end of the spectrum. Like the BMI charts....they just dont seem applicable to someone in the top 5 percent height wise. I finally got one of those monitors you can hold and they measure the body fat...was happy to see I was quite a bit lower than the charts suggested I was.

Anyways, still need to lost the midsection weight and tone up!
  • lista10
    lista10 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Lol! In the same boat hahah but that's ok! What do you do as your work outs?
  • Blah_Blah42
    Blah_Blah42 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have just converted to a home gym. I was doing stronglifts (heavy lifting lower reps) but I dont have enough weights yet so now I am more focused on cardio. Lots of jump rope this week since it has been raining. Kind of working through what to do with the weights I have now. Need to come up with more exercising using just body weight I think.
  • bigrevkev55
    bigrevkev55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi @Blah_Blah42. I am 6'6" as well. When I started MFP I was 334 and lost 115 pounds, getting down to 219. My sister said I looked sick but I wanted to get down to my high school weight of 185. However, I stopped running after training for a marathon last summer. Once I ran it November I stopped running as much. Unfortunately I gained a lot of weight back. However, I am determined to get back into the 220s. For me running and walking is the best. However, I want to get into weight lifting too. Good luck on your journey!
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    5'11
  • CALS0CCERBEAR87
    CALS0CCERBEAR87 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lol...No one can really help you (at least in the long-run) but Yourself.