How to make a eggbeater breakfast sandwich in no time

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
My Favorite breakfast in the world is a egg and cheese bagel, and I can make it in literally 3 minutes.
1-2 servings of eggbeaters
cut up veggies like bell pepper, onion, I like banana peppers
1 slice of cheese
a bagel thin or 2 pieces of bread.

I pour the eggbeaters in a glass cup or mug, add veggies, then throw in the microwave for 1 minute add 20 seconds more if needed.
Pop the bagel or bread in the toaster while eggs in the microwave
Get egg out of the microwave (careful the cups hot)
take a spoon and get around the edges, set it on a thick paper towel doubled over , now press down and squeeze out any extra juice this also makes it nice and round (perfect for the bagel)
Place the egg and cheese on bagel thin and voila!
I personally like sprouts and taco bell taco sauce on mine but I am known to have weird taste.
You could just do ketchup or anything you like.

Replies

• laj3918
    laj3918 Posts: 28
    Options
    i am... did i say that I AM... an egg-lover and have NEVER tried eggbeaters... I suppose because i think a real whole egg is more nutritionally sound since i have NO blood value issues...

but i might try this??? thanks!
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am going grocery shopping tomorrow...I shall get the necessary fixings! Thanks!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    i am... did i say that I AM... an egg-lover and have NEVER tried eggbeaters... I suppose because i think a real whole egg is more nutritionally sound since i have NO blood value issues...

but i might try this??? thanks!

I believe you can cook a regular egg this way as well.
  • fsu326
    fsu326 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you don't like egg beaters, you can do the same thing with just an egg in a cup. Scrambled it up, pour in bowl and microwave. Simple and amazing!
  • FatKat821
    FatKat821 Posts: 2
    Options
    Great recipe. I do the eggbeater omletes all the time. They are very filling and little calories. Pile in as many vegys as you can to fill you up.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My mom got me this egg container holder that you put in the microwave. Its at walmart for like 3.00. U put the serving size of an egg beater or egg in it, close it, then put it in the microwave for a min. Open it up, put it on a biscuit and you ARE DONE!!!!

It is the best thing ever!!!
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love egg beaters too!!! Another idea.....mix cinnamin with the eggs in a bowl, then dip 40 cal bread in the bowl and cook and you have very low cal, low fat french toast!! I do that on the weekends....eat it with turkey bacon and a banana......love it!!

Thanks for the new idea!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I also love Taco Bell sauce, I hoard the packets when I go and keep them in my pantry. :)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish! Thanks for sharing!