What is your biggest downfall with your eating habits?

Options

Replies

• Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Laziness. I get tired of planning dinners, trying to figure out healthy lunches that don't consist of the same thing day in and day out. If I don't have a plan, I order takeout or fast-food.

It used to be boredom, but I started buying unsalted sunflower seeds by the case and always have a bag next to me when I'm watching t.v. I can snack on those all night and barely get through a serving.

Oh and pizza - I can tear up some pizza!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, specifically the high-calorie mixed kinds - margaritas, martinis, fireball... Food only becomes a problem when I feel like I have to eat a bunch of it because of the alcohol. Unfortunately, it just doesn't fit into my calories right now and I'm not into that substitute vodka soda business.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Going out to eat instead of eating at home. I eat much better when I cook than when I go out.
  • indiecupcake89
    indiecupcake89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Boredom :( I'll just devour sweets in front of the TV.

Same problem cost me to gain 15 over my goal:/
  • indiecupcake89
    indiecupcake89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    misscamp26 wrote: »
    I am convinced that I am some kind of carb addict. Bread, cookies and cake are my kryptonite. I just can't seem to eat them in moderation.

You are not alone. I definitely have noticed if I eat low carb I'm able to stick within my calorie goals but as soon as I allow myself that one bowl of cereal or bread it just all goes down hill...

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Why is pizza a downfall? I made a pizza last weekend and it fit quite nicely into my calorie plan of 1600 for the day. My worst habit before getting on this MFP journey was in eating a whole stick of crackers at one sitting. It wasn't my only bad habit, but it was the worst and the one I've had the hardest time breaking. I learned to make sure to get a big breakfast and have appropriate sized meals for lunch and dinner, and there's no brain signalling a screaming demand for carbs. That bad habit appears to be solved.
  • cbalkenbush99
    cbalkenbush99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hate that like if I make one bad good decision, it's like the qhole day is shot. And I'll stop tracking my calories for the rest of the day. How do people overcome this?
  • CheriBlSsin
    CheriBlSsin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    SNACKING
    AND BORED LIFE
  • stillasmith
    stillasmith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely no impulse control, especially in the evening. Eat something healthy, then eat something else, and later get into the real junk food.
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sugar and portion sizes!
    I've given up on added/processed sugars until the end of October to see whether I can get it under a bit of control. I'm still eating fruit though because it's good for you. There's a sugar fast challenge under challenges that I've started to help me be more accountable with this. I'm trying to cut down portion sizes too! Can't wait until this is all a part of my normal eating habits!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    SUGAR
  • mama5432
    mama5432 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Portion size definetly. I cant eat one burger few fries or one plate of rice or one pita bread. I eat too much... stuff myself. I love sweets but as a household going n buying sweets n cakes is not on list. But again when some guests bring sweets on some occasions i have th portion problem. I will eat it all even though its very rare.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Definitely nuts. I have it under control but I can't afford to loosen my grip because as soon as I do and allow myself "a few extra" I'm back to trying to reduce my intake. It's frustrating that I can have multiple slices of cake, a whole sleeve of cookies, or even an all out 3000 calorie meal and bounce right back next meal/day with relatively little effort, but as soon as I get lenient with nuts I'm back to combating daily tendencies to sneak in more of them and it takes at least a couple of weeks to retrain my discipline around them.
  • ddavenport63
    ddavenport63 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    chips, crisps and chocolate im ok if i dont have them in the house but if they are there i cant resist
  • iceyblues
    iceyblues Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Portion control and get bored easily :/
  • frankie671
    frankie671 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sweets. I don't eat savoury junk food like crisps etc, I've never craved them, and I don't really like fast food or things like pizza etc, but SWEETS are my biggest problem. I could eat bag after bag of sweets. Now if I have some in the house, I tell myself I can have some every day, but only a few. It's the only way I can deal with my cravings. If I ban myself from them, I binge.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the worst but picking at stuff all day leads to many calories that are too useless to ;log by themselves. I might have a quarter of a cupcake, an eighth of a sandwich etc....I have a home daycare so sometimes pick at stuff that is leftover from what I didn't give to the kids or just "sneak" a bite or two of something....
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    SUGAR.... a little handful here and there. no more, got it all out of the house. amazing i can still survive without it! when bored i try to knit or exercise, anything to keep me occupied. i have been brutally honest the last week, will see how it goes. tired of being oh so close, but not there yet. makes me ticked when people say, you look fine! not from my perspective!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    lately instead of snacking i have to just eat if i am hungry. why do you have to eat at a certain time, and who created this rule. i am breaking it!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Food. All the food. I am hungry lots, genuine hunger, and I like food on top of it. Meats, nits, cheeses, bread, cakes, cookies, poes, pasta, bowls of beries or yogurt or sweets...

Yep. Pretty much everything. It's why I need to count calories. My appetite lies to me.