50 yr female needs female fitness friends

Options
Hi all, I'm new here. I really tried on my own, but after doing well and plateauing at times, I got frustrated and quit. I know going through it with someone else would be great. I've tried to find fitness friends in town, no luck. This is my last straw to fight the fat. I'm seeking fitness friends (on line or in town-Mpls/St Paul) to encourage me and I'll return encourage you. Add me as a friend or message me. I really want to emerge next spring in clothes that haven't fit in years. Let's do this!! :wink:

Replies

• rubbermaid1
    rubbermaid1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey FitnessMinnesotaGal! I would love to be your fitness friend. I, too, need help and someone to hold me accountable so I can stay on track and rid myself of this excessive weight. So feel free to send me a request.
  • Cush_la
    Cush_la Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me if you like :) any one can i love having MFP friends such a Great community
  • MNFitnessGal
    MNFitnessGal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I sent you both requests for friends. Looking forward to working on this with you! Stay strong! We CAN do this. :wink:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Good luck, all!

I'm not looking for new friends, but I lost 80 lbs in 12 months by eating whatever I felt like within my calorie limit, and my recommendation for new people is to read the Helpful Posts:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads

The link contains a list of threads that have incredibly informative and helpful first posts.

Getting to know this information was very influential to my weight loss success. Best wishes.
  • MNFitnessGal
    Options
    Thanks Orphia. I had heard bad calories (sweets etc) even within your limit will eventually add to fat later. Wasn't sure and interesting that you've had success. What I've learned in the past is that the body reacts differently for everyone. I had success with protein diet BUT had bad side effects where many have good effects. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for link too! :)
  • MNFitnessGal
    Options
    Would love to be friends with other women in their 50's so we can work together and encourage each other on this journey. It's a tough age to lose weight, but I know it's doable. I really want this time to be successful and long-lasting! Let's do this. B)
  • foldsfamilyof7
    foldsfamilyof7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do I send Friend requests?
  • Ladylosealot60
    Ladylosealot60 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Ladylosealot60
    Options
    Add me

I need friends here too, but can't figure out how to add them. Preferably women 50+ with 100 lbs to lose. Thanks, please add me.
  • connieec
    connieec Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too looking for new friends to motivate me and keep me track
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add. I'm 54!
  • Ladylosealot60
    Options
    I can't figure out how to add anyone. So please send me a friend request and I'll add you :)
  • Ladylosealot60
    Options
    Feel free to add. I'm 54!

• Ladylosealot60
    Options
    I can't figure out how to add you, but if you send me a friend request I'll accept it :)