Short girls here?

Options
I'm 4'11 at 145lbs. Just getting started on mfp. The most I've ever weighed is 165lbs and I started here because I've hit a plateau in my weight loss journey. Im hoping I can find other shorter girls to connect to with kind of the same situation. Having trouble losing weight in my belly and thighs. I hate being short with chubby thighs and belly because I can't fit into any jeans!!!! Please add me as a friend because I feel so alone right now.

Replies

• Ruth_Black
    Ruth_Black Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't worry you're not alone on this one, I'm 5ft 0 and around the same weight.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
    What work-outs do you do?

I'm 4'11" and I finally made it past my plateau of 121.
    Got down to my lowest since puberty: 113.
    Hoping to hit below 110 before Thanksgiving.

After many many years of different diets, the main eating-plan that works for me (since we're so short: we don't get a lot of calories) is to reduce my starchy/sugary carbs. Without that carbs addiction, I get to allocate my limited calories to real food like chicken/seafood and lots of veggies.
    Without the carbs, I am not bloated, and I've lost a lot of body fat.

Removing the carbs also reduced my carbs cravings.
    I went to a pizza restaurant, my friend's pizza was placed right in front of me, and I happily ate my bunless burger.

My goal is to do 8 pull-ups. Almost did 1 last week.
    Did 2 chin-ups, so I'm on my way.
    I do a lot of strength training because I want muscle definition, such as toned arms.

You can't spot-reduce, but overall weight and fat loss will result in slimmer legs and belly.
    The first 2 places that I lose weight are my boobs (sadly) and my stomach. But as I lose more body fat, my legs (usually huge from genetics and many years of soccer) are slimming down to reveal some great muscle definition.

Keep up the hard work!
    Amanda

• jnwisniewski22
    jnwisniewski22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    huango wrote: »
    You can do this!
    What work-outs do you do?

I'm 4'11" and I finally made it past my plateau of 121.
    Got down to my lowest since puberty: 113.
    Hoping to hit below 110 before Thanksgiving.

After many many years of different diets, the main eating-plan that works for me (since we're so short: we don't get a lot of calories) is to reduce my starchy/sugary carbs. Without that carbs addiction, I get to allocate my limited calories to real food like chicken/seafood and lots of veggies.
    Without the carbs, I am not bloated, and I've lost a lot of body fat.

Removing the carbs also reduced my carbs cravings.
    I went to a pizza restaurant, my friend's pizza was placed right in front of me, and I happily ate my bunless burger.

My goal is to do 8 pull-ups. Almost did 1 last week.
    Did 2 chin-ups, so I'm on my way.
    I do a lot of strength training because I want muscle definition, such as toned arms.

You can't spot-reduce, but overall weight and fat loss will result in slimmer legs and belly.
    The first 2 places that I lose weight are my boobs (sadly) and my stomach. But as I lose more body fat, my legs (usually huge from genetics and many years of soccer) are slimming down to reveal some great muscle definition.

Keep up the hard work!
    Amanda

This is so great to hear! I actually just started a low carb diet three days ago. My doctor told me to try it, so I'm taking it very seriously. I've already lost 5lbs probably just water weight, because I've been drinking a ton of water!. But yeah I feel absolutely amazing since I started, my belly isn't bloating anymore either. I'm also doing cardio 3 x a week and squats with the Smith machine and strength training with my husband. I never thought cutting carbs out of my life was possible because all the yummy foods have carbs but it's a whole other lifestyle. Pull up s are hard I think I might steal your goal too and try to get there with you! I've mostly just been working up my cardio though for right now.
  • myra6989
    myra6989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm here sigh*. Lol. I'm 5'0 and actually weight 285 lbs! =/ I have pcos so it sucks that it's easy for me to gain weight and so hard to lose it. I still haven't found anything that works for me. I'm looking into the high fat low carb...so we'll see how that goes.
  • akaar78
    akaar78 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 5 2 and 160..Really havi ng a hard time losing weight ....Dropped to 150 most times and gain them back....Getting so frustrated working with a trainer 2 days a week for the past 1 year.......but nothing happened ...because its hard to stick under 1200 cals a day....SO frustrated ...I have always been 155 now my weight frept upto 160.....
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'2''. For much of this year I had been around your weight (144-147, highest at about 151 but that is usually water weight and comes back down to the 144-147 range). I have been really going for it the last two months and am down to the low 130s! Hoping to break into the 120s by the end of the month! It is definitely hard because when you are so short, even your maintenance (pre workouts) is around 1,500 calories! You can do it! Low carb definitely makes it easier for me because you tend to eat less calorie dense foods, so you can feel very full at 1,200 per day. Glad you are feeling amazing! Pick some goals. My short term goal is to be at 127 by the end of the month. Probably going to miss this one, but I should be squarely in the 120s by the end of Oct). Longer term is to be at 115-120 by the end of the year (I figure the close I get to my end goal, the harder it will be to lose the weight). Once I hit around 115-120, I am going to start working at my body fat %. I am currently around 30%. I have been at 18% before, but that is hard to maintain and I am older now. So I am going to work for around 23%. Realistically, these goals can change based on how I look in the mirror! It is all about being flexible and making adjustments when needed. I am basing things off of previous experience, but I know that might be different this time around. Do what makes you feel good! I know just dropping the 10 pounds has made me very motivated to work for more! I feel great!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'0", currently 122lbs. I still have about 8 vanity pounds to lose from baby #2.

I started here at MFP at about 150 (shudder) and got to about 112 in a year and a half. Slow progress is more likely to stay long-term progress, so keep on chugging!
  • heatherpt220
    heatherpt220 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. 4'11 and 190. I hate this. I have gained a ton of weight the past 2 years. I feel awful all the time. Hope to find motivation here!! Good luck to all!!
  • themindisitsownplace
    Options
    5'3 and 166. Have been as heavy as 200. I don't see myself as qualified to dole out any concrete fitness advice, but just letting you know I'm on the bandwagon!
  • themindisitsownplace
    Options
    Oh, also- Add me everyone! I could use some fellow short support...
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 11"! #shortgirlsunite Feel free to add me! You can do this. Stick with a great, nutrient-filled diet, start a work out routine and you're set.