100-150 lbs to lose and looking for MFP friends

Options
Hello - I am looking for some friends to help hold me accountable. I have been the most successful on my journey in the past, while tracking on MFP and making some friends to help keep each other motivated. Feel free to add me!

I'm 32, married with one stepson, female, living in GA, animal lover, 5'2, and currently have 100+ lbs to lose.

Replies

• thepluggy
    thepluggy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im in the same boat need friends to keep me on track :)
  • shazrobert8290
    shazrobert8290 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too have. Along way to go but we have taken the first step. I do find it very easy planning my food. I lost 4 lbs last week. How has your day gone so far?
  • sizzawu
    sizzawu Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats Sharon - doing well today! Trying to stay motivated. :)
  • Mr_StMartin
    Mr_StMartin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started this last weekend with 200 pounds to lose, so I will be floating around here for a while. Please feel free to stop by and say hi and add me! Welcome back, you will do amazing :)
  • Guitarman1994
    Guitarman1994 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Here to help all. Friend request me!
  • sizzawu
    sizzawu Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mr.StMartkn :)) Good luck to you as well!
  • cnw_journey2fit
    cnw_journey2fit Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hey! I'm new here and need accountability! I have 50 pounds to lose.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Welcome everybody! I would check out the success stories thread/posts. Amazing accomplishments for people losing 100+, 200+ 300+ pounds. Why not check some of the posts there and ask to friend a few of them. They have been there and know exactly how you feel. It will not happen over night, but it can happen if you want it bad enough, get back up when you fall down, and post here often.
  • scottiam543
    scottiam543 Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Let's do this!!! 60lbs for me.
  • albatrosssherpa
    albatrosssherpa Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Same here only you're 2 inches taller :)
  • onecatleadstoanother
    Options
    I can't seem to send many of you friend requests, I have about 130 lbs to go, 33, common law, no kids just fur babies
  • ivetastic
    ivetastic Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Awesome that u are here! This is a great community! You can totally add me and anyone can as well
  • Tikva22
    Tikva22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Hoping to lose 150 lbs. i'm 52 and had given up for many years. But finally in a better place and determined to be healthier and feel good. Great to have motivation from others on this life-long journey.
    -Lisa
  • sheilalawrence1963
    Options
    I am a 53 year old happily married housewife with 2 children and 2 step children-well all of them are 30 years old or older- so they are not children!! Between my husband and me- we have 4 granddaughters and 2 grandsons! They are all 10 years old and younger! My husband, my grandkids and my cat-Bocephus-31/2 years old and my new dapple doxie - Gracie is just 6 weeks old today- they are my world- my reason for getting up every day!! I have been losing the same 15 pounds for the last 3 years- I will be really strict try a new diet- do really well- lose that first 15 out of the 60-70 pounds that I need to lose and then- I get bored with eating whatever is on that diet and I will eat tons of whatever it was that I was depriving myself of and then I gain that 15 pounds back and I'm right back where I started from!! I used to have to MAKE myself eat to keep my weight on so people wouldn't think I was aneroxic!! I did get down to 89 pounds after my son was born- I was truly anorexic - I still really believed that I was fat- when I looked in the mirror- I saw a very overweight girl but I got the help that I needed and got to 110 and had to make myself eat to stay there and not lose weight. Until I turned 45 years old-then it seemed like overnight I put on 20 pounds- over the next 3 years I went from 110 to 200 pounds!! I feel like I just woke up again and now I'm a big girl!! I weigh 184 now- found out I was diabetic in December 2015, and that was the shock I needed! I know that I need to exercise and eat better. I pretty much have the diabetic diet down- which means I know what I should eat- not that I always do!! I joined here in hopes of finding new friends- I have NONE where I live
  • mandy8784
    mandy8784 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody, I've recently started my journey of losing weight and getting healthy. I have about 100+ lbs that i would like to lose and really need people that are like minded to keep me motivated and on track. I've been doing well for far. I hired a trainer and have been going everyday after work. I'm 29 years old. Feel free to add me if you'd like to share stories, advice, meal prep ideas, etc. The more i can learn the better off i will be! Thanks all an good luck with your own journeys!!
  • breanne5898
    breanne5898 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm looking for a waight loss friend I'm 14 and loss 30 pounds from my highest waight of 200 I have 50 more pounds to loss to get to my goal waight of 120
  • johnleatherman77
    johnleatherman77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is John. I'm a 38 year old who has 100+ to loose. I have lost significant weight before always to gain it back and then some. My high weight has lead to a number of health problems. I need to get healthy for my wife and teenage kids.
  • westln
    westln Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost 110lbs 10 years ago and I've been maintaining ever since. You can add me as a friend.
  • krys568
    krys568 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    48 yo, married with three kids, 17 and up. Seattleite born and bred!! Go HAWKS! I've got 77 lbs more to lose of my original 100 pound goal. I'm motivated and doing well two months in. As I've gotten older it's slower to come off but it's more sustainable for me to lose at a slower pace with a less restrictive diet. I've learned that if anything is off limit it just makes that thing more wanted, lol. So I track everything I eat and try to eat all Whole Foods but if I want a cookie or something else I'm going to have it but work it into my daily calorie goal. The mind set that changed for me this time is that this is NOT a diet, it's a healthy way of eating for life. anyway, babbling on...please add me if y'all want!
  • Sherryjones1018
    Sherryjones1018 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Sheila, my story is very similar to yours with the exception of the anorexic part. I too, was just diagnosed with T2 diabetes in June 2016. My doctor defintely attributes it to my weight and beleives if I take off the weight I can reverse hopefully some of the damage and get off the meds.

When I got married I was a size 5 (104 pounds). After my three children were born I hovered around 140-150 which I would love to be at now!! But for the past 20 years or so I am carrying an extra 100 pounds due to emotional eating.

The diabetes diagnosis was a wake up call and I am on a mission. Since mid June I have lost 16 pounds. It's been slow but steady. I was keeping myself to 1200 calories but my nutritionist upped my calories for the last twp months to 1500 along with increased fats and much lower carbs.

The carbs are what I am really struggling with. She has limited me to 100 grams a day and I am finding that almost impossible. If you incroporate a salad with veggies and some fruit, you could reach that 100 grams so quick . That's where I need to get better at the moment. Im also getting bored eating the same old stuff, so I was thinking of the Paleo diet to change things up and I beleive it is lower carb but I need to read up on it.

Anyway good luck and reach out any time if you'd like. Take care and stay encouraged.: