Shouldn't I be Exercising Instead of Typing in Forums?

Options
Hey all,
So, I'm new to this, hence the post in the Introduce Yourself area. I'm 34 and just looking to get over a hurdle that's been in front of me for some time now. That hurdle is 200 lbs. Seems like I always plateau around 204 and just can't seem to get under that elusive mark. I hope this new method of accountability and support will help me with this little task. I'm pretty sarcastic also, so it's safe to say you might not want to take some of what I say too seriously....such as the Subject Line to this post. Guess tomorrow is Day 1 of logging...see you then.

Hyder

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.
    Now, stop typing and hit the gym!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love sarcasm (aka humor in my book). Here's my first bit of advice to you. Log what you ate today! Nothing like the present to start learning, this will help jump start you to making better choices tomorrow.

Friend request on it's way...
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Lol-welcome! Good luck with MFP I hope you have as much success with it as I have!!! BTW - Sarcasm is how we express love in my family!
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    For each forum you type on it will cost you ten pushups!!! hahaha.. Glad to have you join us!
  • ruffledviolet
    Options
    For each forum you type on it will cost you ten pushups!!! hahaha.. Glad to have you join us!

this! haha.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Na....you can do butt squeezes while you type.

Welcome!
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    Welcome!!! I've been exercising so that's all the energy I have left...
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    OH YEAH, WELL YOU'RE A _________! jUST kidding dude. I hear ya on the plateaus, there is LOTS of info in the forums on tips to get over them. Add me as a freind if you want to go toe to toe with Mr. Sarcasm (some times). I'm really a nice guy, ask any of THESE LOSERS AROUND HERE!!!! Get it, losers....I crack myself up.
  • takemeaway10
    Options
    Type vigorously.

Srsly, I wanna write a book consisting of workouts for the lazy. I can sit on the couch,watch tv, and do tricep extensions with my resistance band. Crunches in bed are actually better for my back until I can get a nice, comfy mat.
  • Terriwin
    Terriwin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I know what you mean about the plateau. I've been fighting one as well. You'll find the support you need here to stay on track. Exercise is absolutely essential, but typing in the forums is important in keeping you accountable - as you stated. Most importantly, track your food. Anytime I think I can keep it in my head, I screw it up, get off track, and get pushed back instead of forward.

Best wishes and feel free to friend me for support.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm friends with the funniest dude on MFP. Thanks for the add. CHECK OUT HIS PROFILE.
  • Hyder19
    Hyder19 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for all the early encouragement. :) As suggested by WifeMomDVM, I started logging what I did today instead of waiting for tomorrow. Guess there's no better time than the present. Butt squeezes being done at the moment and 10 push ups soon following as I figure I'll follow the "10 push ups for every post" rule laid out by Amandanoralynn.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    Well well now. Haven't you become the popular one fast? Hah. :) FYI for everyone, this guy is like totally awesome!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Dont mind a bit of dry humour at all!
    For logging, get started now! Why wait till tomorrow! Oh margaret got in first! Lol. I always think if u are truly committed you have to start asap.
  • PositiveGoals
    Options
    I'm only using this website a few weeks. I found that by documenting 'EVERYTHING' mints, vitamins, etc. No matter how small. Even a 5 calorie crystal light, it adds up quickly. The awareness has helped me. As far as accountablity goes, it helps to set your diary on public. This way people can look at your diary and offer you advice. Somehow it's easier to lie to yourself than others. So a public diary helps.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I am exercising my mind...out in the forums. Or i could easily have lost a few brain cells out here. It is so bright, i am like a moth to a light.
    Anyways, This counting calorie and exercise thing actually works so stick to it and enjoy your journey.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life...or tomorrow whatever.