Peanut Butter Bannana smoothie

Options
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but I got it from All You magazine. I had it for breakfast the other morning. The fat content is high, but it is very filling and I had trouble finishing the whole thing. I added splenda to it as it was not sweet enough to me. The whole thing takes only 5 minutes to make!

12 oz. lowfat milk (I used fat free)
1 bannana
1 1/2 Tbsp. peanut butter
1 packet plain instant oatmeal

Blend together in blender.

505 cal.,18g fat (5g sat.),18mg chol, 7g fiber, 23g Pro., 69g carb., 239mg Sod.

Replies

• dixiebutterfly5913
    Options
    I'm not sure if this has been posted, but I got it from All You magazine. I had it for breakfast the other morning. The fat content is high, but it is very filling and I had trouble finishing the whole thing. I added splenda to it as it was not sweet enough to me. The whole thing takes only 5 minutes to make!

12 oz. lowfat milk (I used fat free)
    1 bannana
    1 1/2 Tbsp. peanut butter
    1 packet plain instant oatmeal

Blend together in blender.

505 cal.,18g fat (5g sat.),18mg chol, 7g fiber, 23g Pro., 69g carb., 239mg Sod.
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I do something very close - but use whey protien and/or flax meal instead of the oatmeal. Never thought to try oatmeal in a smoothie - but I'll give it a go.

Have "they" told us PB is alright again now? They had a salmonella scare last week, I think.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Have "they" told us PB is alright again now? They had a salmonella scare last week, I think.

Wasn't straight PB okay? I thought the big issue was with products (like snack bars and other packaged food) that contained PB. I could be wrong, for some reason it stuck in my brain that way. :blushing:
  • dixiebutterfly5913
    Options
    I am not completely sure, but I thought it was only the ones they use in snack crackers. You can probably look this up on the FDA's website. I have a huge pantry and my peanut butter was bought a long while back, so I assume it is safe to use. The salmonella issue never crossed my mind whenever I posted this, I promise I was not trying to get people to eat peanut butter and get sick LOL!!!!:bigsmile:
  • dixiebutterfly5913
    Options
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    only industrial sized tubs of peanut butter marked "not for further distribution" used by installations serving food (like prisons and the military...) and products made with peanut butter or peanut paste from Peanut Corporation of America are tainted. It was Peanut Corp's products that had salmonella.

Peanut butter bought for personal use in a grocery store is safe, as it was NOT manufactured by this company.

Your smoothie recipe sounds delicious and I'm going to try it!! :flowerforyou: I LOVE peanut butter!!!:love:
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Oh no... I didn't think for a moment that it was your evil plan to get us all sick!! :embarassed: And thanks for a good recipe. I LOVE peanut butter and like you, my jar has been around several weeks so I figured it was safe..., just wondered what the scoop was on the PB thing. And thanks for the link. :flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty yummy :tongue:

I might try making something like that for a before bed snack tonight... only I'll use my PB2 (maybe even my chocolate PB2!)
    :smile:
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    I made your smoothie for lunch today! LOVED it, but I did tweak it a little.... I have a lot of plain yogurt I need to eat up, so I used 1 cup yogurt and 1/2 cup water in place of the milk. Then, I added 1 tbsp of Dove Dark Chocolate Ice cream topping to satisfy my chocolate craving. It brought up the cals to about 576, but I had a very small breakfast and this smoothie was very large and filling! Plus, it packs a good nutritional punch.

Thanks again for this recipe!!
  • dixiebutterfly5913
    Options
    Glad you liked it and I think I shall try it with chocolate myself in the morning Yummy!!!!!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I think I may try this myself! It sounds delicious!