Wedding is in less than 2 weeks..help!

Options
I know this isn't particularly the healthiest way to go about things but I have a bit more weight I would like to loose before my wedding in a week and a half. Can anyone recommend a quick fix to drop 5 or more lbs in such a short amount of time? I am planning on lifting 4 times this week and adding in additional cardio when I have the chance. So hopefully make it to the gym 5 or 6 days this week. I am already a pretty healthy eater and really don't want to "starve" myself to drop the weight. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,940 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    You are not going to lose enough weight for it to be visible to anyone in 2 weeks.

You could try eating low carb until the wedding, since some people will naturally lose a few lbs of water weight when they start low carb.

In the meantime go out and buy a great pair of Spanx, and know you will look beautiful regardless. Congrats :drinker:

This ^

Low carb will shed some water weight but do you really need to add the stress of a new way of eating before your special day?
  • allisonwalkernj
    allisonwalkernj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I guess the motivation to lose a little weight is more for my comfort in my dress. It is quite form fitting and I have a little tummy that I would love to try and flatten out. Sounds like if I cut carbs a bit maybe losing a little water weight might work.
  • allisonwalkernj
    allisonwalkernj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hah that I definitely do not want to worry about! Thanks for the heads up :)
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    a 1000 deficit per day will get rid of 4 pounds in two weeks, I don't know why anyone would say it's impossible.

Personally, I'd rather enjoy the lead up to the wedding but to each her own. Good luck!
  • ogtmama
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    ogtmama wrote: »
    a 1000 deficit per day will get rid of 4 pounds in two weeks, I don't know why anyone would say it's impossible.
    You also don't know anything about the OP's current physical stats. If she only has a few pounds to goal, a 1000 calorie deficit could put her way below MFP recommended allowances and be very unhealthy.

For 2 weeks.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Anything that is going to increase your stress level, even a little bit, in the two weeks before your wedding is a wonderful idea and you should totally do it. /sarcasm
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't particularly the healthiest way to go about things but I have a bit more weight I would like to loose before my wedding in a week and a half. Can anyone recommend a quick fix to drop 5 or more lbs in such a short amount of time? I am planning on lifting 4 times this week and adding in additional cardio when I have the chance. So hopefully make it to the gym 5 or 6 days this week. I am already a pretty healthy eater and really don't want to "starve" myself to drop the weight. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

5 lbs in two weeks is way too agressive as a goal.

I wouldn't push yourself too hard or have too large calorie deficit. You will wear your self out, likely to the point of being miserable on your wedding day.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    No/low sodium

And be careful of booze on your wedding day if you start eating super low calorie
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I second the spray tan. It visually takes off 5-10 lbs. Or better yet, just stay away from high sodium foods and drink lots of water.
    Other than that, just relax and enjoy every minute of this special time in your life.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    You also don't know anything about the OP's current physical stats. If she only has a few pounds to goal, a 1000 calorie deficit could put her way below MFP recommended allowances and be very unhealthy.

For 2 weeks.

Still a horrible idea.
  • ogtmama
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »

For 2 weeks.

Still a horrible idea.

I said better to enjoy the two weeks @.@ but that it's possible. A little over the top people.