need accountability

Options
hi all-

I've been using MFP off and on for a few years... i'm ready now to lose the weight! I'd like to lose about 50 lbs.
I'm 45, work at home mother of 5 (ages 22 to almost 2).
i do exercise regularly
i'm really looking for some accountability with my food tracking... even weekly weigh ins...
anyone else feel they need someone to hold them accountable to recording all food eaten?? even if you have a cheat day?? makes me nervous to even post this, but i'm getting to the point of being desperate :)

thanks!!!

April

Replies

• ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I usually struggle too. On days I do well I log everything but days I go way off track I don't. I'm 36, wife and mom to a 19 month old son. Still just trying to get back to pre-pregnancy happy weight. Feel free to add me and we'll talk about accountability
  • BarbaraJatmfp
    BarbaraJatmfp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Struggle every day? No, I struggle every MEAL!

Don't feel nervous posting stuff like this. We have all been where you are, felt what you're feeling, and want what you want: to lose weight. You are in the right place to achieve this.

You will fall off the wagon - unintentionally, I mean. Sometimes I allow myself a cheat day. If it's planned, it isn't cheating. Usually it is the day I weigh myself for the week (after I've weighed, of course!) or the day after. That gives me time to work off the extra carbs and get rid of the extra sodium I've probably eaten.

If you bite, write it. Weight loss is just calories in - calories out.

Welcome to the party.
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I had one of these today. Out of town to Dr appointments and fiance wanted to take me to longhorns steakhouse. We enjoyed ourselves and I logged it all. It's a good insight. I saw a post someone said that if you aren't honest about it you're only lying to yourself. That really helped me. GOODLUCK
  • Ptricia99
    Ptricia99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here! I struggle so bad too i have 3 kids ages 2-7 and a full time job. No joke am in traffic fr 1hr everyday weekday and by the time i get home i sm so tired i just want to eat what ever i see to get homework started and kids ready for bed.by the time i finish with my 2 year old its 10 pm and i have to get up at 6 to get kids ready for school so i feel like i have no time for exercise in the afternoon i tried figuring out a plan for workout in thenmorning or afterwork.. nope because i have to get kids after work and husband works as a tech.so most of time he wont get home until 530-6pm. Add me and help me be better about this!
  • htdavidson88
    htdavidson88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me too! I'm trying to find a balance and time to exercise but it seems like every time I make a decision to do it my plans get thwarted!
  • Joanna4kids
    Joanna4kids Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi April,

I've tried to message you but can't for some reason. I saw your message on here wanting to start over again and asking for accountability. I've got about 50 pounds to lose too. I'm 48 years old and have kids from 23 down to 9. I would love to have someone one here that holds me accountable. I'm starting over today!
  • kzooyogi
    kzooyogi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi April,

While I've hit my goal weight, I still plan to stay on MFP to hold myself accountable. I'd love to be friends and keep each other encouraged and going!

Xoxo,
    Elli
  • htdavidson88
    htdavidson88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's what I need too....accountability and someone to slap food out of my hands! ☺️