Is it possible? to all the HRM people

Options
spicy618
spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
Hi all,

I bought a Polar F4 and I'm really glad I did. I now work out easier and burn just as many calories in a less intense workout.

Today I wore it for the first time while rollerblading. According to my HRM, duration - 1 hour 39 min. Average heart rate - 169 (a little high) and calories burned - 1,120 !!! can this really be true?

I didn't even go as fast as a usually do cause my HR was going into the 180s, but i'm so psyched about the amount of calories that i have to hear it from you guys. If true, I have over 2,000 calories to burn today and have a meal in mind :)

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Replies

• spicy618
    Options
    Hi all,

I bought a Polar F4 and I'm really glad I did. I now work out easier and burn just as many calories in a less intense workout.

Today I wore it for the first time while rollerblading. According to my HRM, duration - 1 hour 39 min. Average heart rate - 169 (a little high) and calories burned - 1,120 !!! can this really be true?

I didn't even go as fast as a usually do cause my HR was going into the 180s, but i'm so psyched about the amount of calories that i have to hear it from you guys. If true, I have over 2,000 calories to burn today and have a meal in mind :)

Hope you are all having a great weekend!
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I'm so jealous... I used to live in Florida where it was nice and flat and I would roller-blade every day. Now I live in a hilly area and am too chicken for those long downhill runs! (bwak-bwak-bwak).

Anyway, I have heard that the secret to burning fat is to be in the target zone. I tend to work out above the zone, too, and have been told a HRM would help with that. So sure, I can imagine that your monitor leashed you in a bit. Enjoy!!! 1120 calories - shazam!!!:noway:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Yep... it CAN be true! :smile:
  • spicy618
    Options
    Hi WInny,

that squirrel is so cute.

I would also be terrified to rollerblade anywhere that isn't smooth and flat :) the park i go to has a trail that is 4.5 miles of nice flat tar :)
  • spicy618
    Options
    Yep... it CAN be true! :smile:

Thanks Wolfena!

i'm sooo excited!