Starting again & would love support...

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm not new to MFP, but I am "starting over" for the millionth time. I've been working really hard over the past weeks and even months to revisit and revise my thinking about weight loss and health. I've always heard that it's a lifestyle change, but I don't think I ever truly understood that concept until recently.

I was always the person who would cut out entire food groups, have amazing success for several months, and then gain everything back (and then some). I even had a "success story" post at one time showing off a pretty rockin' transformation that I achieved through lifting and eating a paleo diet. I learned quickly that Paleo was not sustainable for me. I really love carbs! :#

Over the past 3.5 months, I've lost 12 pounds without cutting anything out of my diet. I am working toward increasing my activity level, and I'm always working to improve my eating, but in a way that is maintainable and still enjoyable for me.

So, if you'd like to join me and help keep each other accountable/provide support, I'd love to have you as a friend! I keep my diary unlocked, and I'd like to increase my activity level on the social side of MFP. I'd also love to hear from you if you're someone who has lost weight and been able to maintain it, as I want to learn more about the habits of successful people.

<3 Amber

Replies

• ChristinBuss
    ChristinBuss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber...I'm going to send you a friend request. I have since November of last year lost quite a bit on my own, but had been on a really long stall before finding MFP a few weeks ago. I'm someone who likes to interact with friends for support or motivation...or just to say hey, how ya doin? And I'm pretty active on the site already. If you ever need encouragement feel free to send me a direct message if you add me as a friend.
    And welcome back!