Returning User

Options
Hello. My name is Nancy. I have been on my weight loss journey since the beginning of this year but have failed myself by not sticking to it. I was told by an endocrinologist last month that if I don't lose weight by December he will need to send me to see a weight loss surgeon and that is not something that I want so I am determined to lose weight because my mother had the gastric bypass surgery done when I was 15 and she almost didn't recover from it and still struggles today.

Replies

• flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hello Nancy, are your stats so bad for your doctor to threaten you with weight loss surgeon? And you did not fail yourself, you failed a diet. You only fail yourself if you give up and not try again. It took me 20-30 years of "trying again" to get me at my current 85 lb loss since Jan 4th. I also had two sisters that suffered for years from complications from weight loss surgeries. Unfortunately they are both now gone. Please fill free to friend me. I will do everything I can to help and encourage you. YOU CAN DO THIS !
  • soundtrack
    soundtrack Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy! I'm returning too. I've hypothyroidism so it's harder to lose weight from what i understand. We can do this though. So many tools in our toolbox like MFP :-D. I'll friend ya too!