Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    ogtmama wrote: »
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    a 1000 deficit per day will get rid of 4 pounds in two weeks, I don't know why anyone would say it's impossible.
    You also don't know anything about the OP's current physical stats. If she only has a few pounds to goal, a 1000 calorie deficit could put her way below MFP recommended allowances and be very unhealthy.

For 2 weeks.

Still a horrible idea.

....and a passed out bride at the altar. :lol:

That wouldn't be an enjoyable wedding week - so much stress already, why under-eat and make yourself sick? I say eat at maintenance, wear the shapewear if you feel you must - but seriously? Sounds like just jitters. There's a lot to do in that week that leads up to the wedding. I would want to be well-fed and well-rested.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    A spray tan won't make your dress fit better if it is too snug or flatten your tummy so I'm not sure why that is being suggested.
    Watch your sodium intake, get some shapewear.
    Just eat, sleep and exercise normally. Less than 2 weeks to your wedding is not the time to change your diet dramatically or do new intense exercise things.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I guess the motivation to lose a little weight is more for my comfort in my dress. It is quite form fitting and I have a little tummy that I would love to try and flatten out. Sounds like if I cut carbs a bit maybe losing a little water weight might work.

Spanx!

Don't push yourself too hard for the wedding or you'll look tired and grumpy...not worth it.
  • KatKat1209
    KatKat1209 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Did you not know you were having a wedding?

I don't think that's the reason!
    My guess - During the final fitting OP felt the dress was a little tight around tummy area.. so I guess that's why she's asking.. It's common to have a final fitting before the wedding to be able to alter the dress if necessary... and it is not done weeks in advance.. ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You could drop water weight the day of/night before but you'll be uncomfortable that morning, and as soon as you eat you'll start gaining back and just be ticked off again.

I say stick to a deficit, get a fake tan, suck in, and be sure to have nice posture on the day of. Enjoy.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    What weight do you think you can lose in two weeks anyway?? Fat? Muscle? Water?

Yeah, be miserable for the next two weeks, eating crap or wear yourself out excessively exercising. Perhaps by dehydrating your brain you won't realize no one is noticing anything but the bags under your eyes and thinking why does she look so bad on such a happy occasion?

Does your dress have vertical stripes? It's an optical illusion that makes you look thinner. Better illusion than delusion.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I guess the motivation to lose a little weight is more for my comfort in my dress. It is quite form fitting and I have a little tummy that I would love to try and flatten out. Sounds like if I cut carbs a bit maybe losing a little water weight might work.

With 2 weeks to go, what you need to do is get the right undergarments. Having said that, I've taken an inch off the waist temporarily by coating the area with a lotion containing caffeine, wrapping with plastic wrap, covering with an ace bandage and a tight cami, then going to bed. That sort of pulls water out of the area. Make sure you aren't allergic to the body lotion though.

So relax for now, eat to nourish your body, work out as usual, manage your stress. Buy shapewear!

Day of, wrap it up for a few hours as above, then shower and get into your shapewear. Slight temporary modification.

Also realize that NOBODY but you cares about a little tummy on you on your wedding day, for goodness sake. Literally nobody will notice, at all, they will just see you all pretty and bride-ey. I cannot remember ever noticing that on anybody.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't particularly the healthiest way to go about things but I have a bit more weight I would like to loose before my wedding in a week and a half. Can anyone recommend a quick fix to drop 5 or more lbs in such a short amount of time? I am planning on lifting 4 times this week and adding in additional cardio when I have the chance. So hopefully make it to the gym 5 or 6 days this week. I am already a pretty healthy eater and really don't want to "starve" myself to drop the weight. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

stop dieting for events and make changes that will last a life time...

you can't make any noticeable changes in two weeks, and in all honesty you should of started three months ago at a minimum.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    There is no healthy way to do this; but the RFL by Lyle McDonald is a systematic crash diet that will at worst help you drop a few lbs of water weight and at best some fat as well.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't particularly the healthiest way to go about things but I have a bit more weight I would like to loose before my wedding in a week and a half. Can anyone recommend a quick fix to drop 5 or more lbs in such a short amount of time? I am planning on lifting 4 times this week and adding in additional cardio when I have the chance. So hopefully make it to the gym 5 or 6 days this week. I am already a pretty healthy eater and really don't want to "starve" myself to drop the weight. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Have you had your final dress fitting? If you have, then you shouldn't be trying to lose weight or it might not fit right... that being said, you won't really lose much in a week and a half... low carb will help you drop water weight.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »
    a 1000 deficit per day will get rid of 4 pounds in two weeks, I don't know why anyone would say it's impossible.
    You also don't know anything about the OP's current physical stats. If she only has a few pounds to goal, a 1000 calorie deficit could put her way below MFP recommended allowances and be very unhealthy.

For 2 weeks.

Which could lead to fatigue, dizziness, and even a possibility of fainting during the ceremony.

2 weeks will not do that. Long term starvation does that, as in years.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your photographer has a great photo edit app to smooth out anything needed. :wink: You'll be a beautiful bride, just enjoy every minute and enjoy your day.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

For 2 weeks.

Which could lead to fatigue, dizziness, and even a possibility of fainting during the ceremony.

you don't think that severly undereating for even a day or two (let alone a week and a half) could lead to diziness and fatigue??
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options

For 2 weeks.

Maybe you've never undereaten for several days, but I have. And from my experience, and others that I know, the symptoms I listed are quite common with undereating for a few days in a row.

Years of starvation will cause a lot more problems than feeling dizzy.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

For 2 weeks.

Maybe you've never undereaten for several days, but I have. And from my experience, and others that I know, the symptoms I listed are quite common with undereating for a few days in a row.

Years of starvation will cause a lot more problems than feeling dizzy.

In my experience, they're common following a few days of undereating as well, especially if you're already stressed and potentially not sleeping as well (or as much) as you normally do. Again, not like you'd ever find yourself stressed and sleep-deprived in the two weeks prior to your wedding.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Low carb will drop a few quickly especially off tummy , but it will be mostly initial water weight. Be sure to research so you keep your electrolytes up. Plus be prepared to have a couple pounds water weight woosh pop back on when you consume carbs again unless you love it and decide to stay on it longer.