What is your longest run?

Options
Mine is 16.9 miles working up to running 26.2 - 16.6 miles this morning.

Replies

• jfitz2016
    jfitz2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    26.2 and loved it!
  • filmis
    filmis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Marathon
  • Madame_Goldbrick
    Madame_Goldbrick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    HM
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Half Marathon x 2. Hated running it both times. After 10 miles I got bored and started looking left, right, up and down. I enjoy 10k and at most 10 miles.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    Half Marathon x 2. Hated running it both times. After 10 miles I got bored and started looking left, right, up and down. I enjoy 10k and at most 10 miles.

this is what is worrying me about longer runs - I am aiming for a HM in the Spring. Our local HM fills me with dread as it involves a deathly boring run along a road and then back along the same road (through a gorge mind, but still dull). The HM I am aiming for is on a coastal path so am hoping that the challenge of not breaking my ankle or falling off the cliff will keep my mind occupied.

current longest run is 8.5miles
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    10k and hated every second.
    Distance running is just not my thing and never has been. I was doing 5k runs for a challenge/practice for an event and randomly decided to carry on to 10k, the longest and dullest 55 minutes of my exercise life!

Runner's high my *kitten* - swore never to do it again.
  • Madame_Goldbrick
    Madame_Goldbrick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

this is what is worrying me about longer runs - I am aiming for a HM in the Spring. Our local HM fills me with dread as it involves a deathly boring run along a road and then back along the same road (through a gorge mind, but still dull). The HM I am aiming for is on a coastal path so am hoping that the challenge of not breaking my ankle or falling off the cliff will keep my mind occupied.

current longest run is 8.5miles

Defo aim for an interesting route. My HM last year was the Great North Run. Crowds all the way and a fly over by the red arrows (awesome!). I did a 10k that was 3 laps of a park last year. Felt like shooting myself by the 2nd!
  • gorple76
    gorple76 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My longest was my first marathon a couple of weeks ago. But the thing that surprised me is that I didn't get some massive rush of pride, not compared to the first time I ran 3 miles without stopping. It's all relative. Going form 20miles in training to 26.2 felt very achievable, and I didn't doubt for a second that I'd do it once I got to the start line. Going from run/walking for a few minutes at a time (never running at school, doing anything to get out of cross country etc etc) to running non-stop for 3 miles felt like I'd conquered the world!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Mine is 14.2.. this was to extended the HM training from 13.1 No desire to do a full marathon..

I have no problem with boredom on longer runs, and I like to look around when running if I can take focus off my running to enjoy my surroundings. I have to run with music and have to run my races with music.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a weird runner. It stresses me out to track my distance, so I track time.

My longest run was an hour.

I know you real runners are laughing at me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Half Marathon... loved it, hated it, loved it, hated it, signed up for the following year the day after!!!

and it made me pretty certain i wouldn't ever want to do a full!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    13.1 HM. We will have to see if I want to do the longer one.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    62km/ 38 miles

That was a 12 hour event, so 10 circuits of a 6.2km trail route and I bailed out after 9:30.

I've got two of those next season, one of which will be back to back with a marathon the following morning.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a weird runner. It stresses me out to track my distance, so I track time.

@GottaBurnEmAll - not weird at all. You are a real runner!

I just did a half marathon as my longest run ever, and I trained by time not miles. My coach has us run our long runs purely on total time. My longest run before doing a HM was 2 hrs 15 minutes. I did a HM mid-september in 2:45 and this past weekend in 2:39. So those are my longest runs (though I did walk a bit in the first one).
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Half and I don't think I want to go for more it's just a little too hard on the body I find.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    62km/ 38 miles

That was a 12 hour event, so 10 circuits of a 6.2km trail route and I bailed out after 9:30.

I've got two of those next season, one of which will be back to back with a marathon the following morning.

:flowerforyou: you're just ridiculous! :laugh:
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    26.2 miles

I swore I would never do a full marathon again... Then I did 3 more
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    8 miles is my furthest. I'm happiest at a 10k distance, any longer than an hour of running and I start getting bored. Having said that, I've entered a half marathon in March!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options

not at all (am I a real runner? well, I run, I enjoy it, and I've done a couple of races)

I run off -road mostly, nd mostly run for time. My normal runs are 40 minutes – this is the amount of time I have before I have to get showered for work. My distance is gradually increasing and I’m getting further along the track before I turn back.
    ‘long’ weekend runs I AM trying to build mileage, but I have my watch set for ‘laps’ of 20 minutes. Gives me a boost each time it beeps knowing I’ve hit another 20. My longest run was about 81 minutes

I was told if running trails, aim for time not mileage in training, as the terrain is the thing that will get you.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    62km/ 38 miles

:flowerforyou: you're just ridiculous! :laugh:

Epic bling though