Anyone with thyroid problem have advice?

Options
I've lost all motvation to care about losing weight. I was told i had a hypothyroidism 2 years ago before it i was working out and had lost 60+ pounds... Now ive gained everything back and more! I am the worst weight ive ever been and ive recently started taking synthroid everyday but i just dont know what to do with all the energy loss and just gaining i feel like trying to lose anything isnt worth it. The only reason i can think to work out is to make haters in my past look at how well im doing. I want to care and fit into outfits i dream of but when i could gain it all back in a second its hard.. Anyone else have thyroid tips or how you get up in the morning?

Replies

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    If you're taking synthroid that should help a lot. Your dosage might need to be increased. Or another med added, but since I've been on thyroid meds, I haven't had any issues with hypothyroidism.
  • jennifervfoster
    jennifervfoster Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I understand this one. I was also diagnosed a little over 2 years ago, and was quite the gym rat before and during the first year or so after being diagnosed. I even taught spin classes and was gaining weight! It is INCREDIBLY depressing; I felt fabulous before it all happened and then WHAMMO! Hellooo, extra 10 pounds....which turned into 30.

It took me getting pregnant and having a miscarriage to finally do something to feel better about myself. I joined this, and joined a nice gym and have started getting personal training. It is helping a bit, though much slower than I would like it to. I'm still having a difficult time with the right dosage as well and it sucks.

I don't have a lot of advice other than getting some sunshine and doing things that make you happy (for me, getting into Zumba again was key, as it isn't TOO hard and I have fun doing it). Keep at it with your doctor, and try little things that make you smile to start. That's all I could do...and then I found that my body did start to respond, albeit way slower than it used to.