NSV: I don't look like my license photo!

Options
annie_p
annie_p Posts: 319 Member
I had my driver's license renewed last year after I got married. I was also at my heaviest non-pregnant weight. Yesterday my husband and I went to Olive Garden for our anniversary, and they were offering samples of wine. I accepted this time and she carded me. She looked at my ID, then me, then my ID, then me...did this a few more times, then must have decided it was really me. I haven't looked at my ID in a long time, so I did...WOW. I gave it to my husband and he said it doesn't even look like the same person. Good thing I renew my license again next year and get a new picture! Here's to not lying about my weight!!!

Replies

• jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    In some areas, if you look pretty different they will allow you to update it, you may have to pay, but it could be worth it!

Congrats on the NSV!!! :happy:
  • JulieSmiles1
    JulieSmiles1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue! Whenever I get carded, people look multiple times before the believe its me! I don't think mine has to be renewed for 3 more years though!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    That's totally me too!! I have 1 lb. to go and I will finally weigh what my license says I weigh!! :laugh:
    Good for you! Sounds like you are doing great!!
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A bartender didn't even believe that it was me. I actually had to leave!
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Super great NSV!!! You are doing awesome!!!
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    What is the NSV reference I have seen in here several times?
  • odie02
    odie02 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What is the NSV reference I have seen in here several times?

Non Scale Victory :)
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Congrats....I am finally the weight I reported on my license and need a new pic badly.
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    That's totally me too!! I have 1 lb. to go and I will finally weigh what my license says I weigh!! :laugh:
    Good for you! Sounds like you are doing great!!

I still have about 35lbs before I'm at what I said....but considering I was almost 100lbs from that before, I don't think I'm doing too bad!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV! :)

I, too, don't look like my picture, but I'm too cheap to pay for another one until I have to renew it. I figure it's not too big of a deal since I don't use mine for anything anyways, since I don't drink.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is great! I have been told that I should probably update mine because I've lost like 95 lbs since I got mine renewed last year. I just don't know for sure if they will charge me for it, so I am trying to hold off on doing it.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Happy Anniversary! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!