Bad day?! Yeah, me too.

Options
So I had a "bad day" yesterday, binged heavily on foods (peanut butter, cheese...amongst others) that I hadn't eaten in a while (3mths). I felt guilty throughout, knowing what I was doing was not what I really needed and it took me hours to forgive myself and to move on from it. I just came across this and wanted to share!
2nhgsra.jpg
So please be kind to you and remember why you started this journey. x

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    A nice reminder, and wonderful you were not too hard on yourself.

I suggest that you work those fave foods into your daily calorie goals!
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious. Were you feeling guilty immediately before and/or during the binging?

I have always heard the guilt comes after.
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm just curious. Were you feeling guilty immediately before and/or during the binging?

I have always heard the guilt comes after.

Before, during and after.....
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I suggest that you work those fave foods into your daily calorie goals!
    Definitely going to do this, get them into my 1200 limit, as I really miss those foods.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    1200 is a minimum and really only suits petite, older, sedentary women

Are you sure your calorie goal is realistic for your activity, age, height and amount you have yet to lose.

Many join these boards and aim for 2lb a week which is inadvisable. Use the rule of thumb of 1% body weight as target weight loss. Move more and eat back half the calories ...lots of room for portioned favourite foods
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

Are you sure your calorie goal is realistic for your activity, age, height and amount you have yet to lose.

Many join these boards and aim for 2lb a week which is inadvisable. Use the rule of thumb of 1% body weight as target weight loss. Move more and eat back half the calories ...lots of room for portioned favourite foods

I am following MFP and haven't thought outside the square, so to speak. Might have to readjust what I need for my goals.
  • Krislynell
    Krislynell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this, I needed this after a bad Sunday binge day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I agree that you might want to reconsider 1200 calories... I know I'd never be able to fit anything in so few calories and I'd still be starving in the end.

Switch to 0.5/1 lb a week loss and eat back half your exercise calories. Then it's much more sustainable.
  • stacydool
    stacydool Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! Really needed this today.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Also if you stay at 1200 then you need to eat back some exercise calories if you are not already doing that. But you can most likely raise your goal some. And do work in the foods you love. I find that a little bit of chocolate or peanut butter or ice cream. goes a long way. But restricting is a recipe for disaster.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options

Not sure how to quote someone then add my questions, but here goes.....This is what MFP gave for me too, so far I don't have any problems, most of the time I am under, but sometimes I do go over. I am losing weight and am not hungry. Currently I'm @ 159, 5''4, older sedentary lady who works in an office for 8 plus hours a day. Is this really unrealistic for me?
  • Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, I had a bad day. And I'm feeling miserable for it. Thank you for this!!! <3
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Not sure how to quote someone then add my questions, but here goes.....This is what MFP gave for me too, so far I don't have any problems, most of the time I am under, but sometimes I do go over. I am losing weight and am not hungry. Currently I'm @ 159, 5''4, older sedentary lady who works in an office for 8 plus hours a day. Is this really unrealistic for me?

Not to derail this thread, but your BMR is appox 1330, not sure of your exercise, so I would say 1200 is too little.. plus at some point you are going to bottom out as you lose weight.. Your weight loss might get a bit testy at some point.. :) Change it to .5/lb per week. And besides the few times it happens from time to time, reach your target every day, never strive for eating under the calorie goal..

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Not to derail this thread, but your BMR is appox 1330, not sure of your exercise, so I would say 1200 is too little.. plus at some point you are going to bottom out as you lose weight.. Your weight loss might get a bit testy at some point.. :) Change it to .5/lb per week. And besides the few times it happens from time to time, reach your target every day, never strive for eating under the calorie goal..

Thanks for the insight!!!! What is BMR? Sorry probably stupid question....I exercise daily and burn anywhere from 200-300 calories, not very many...More when I golf. So I should most definitely be eating at least the 1200 calories and possibly some of the calories that I burn too?
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options

Thanks for the insight!!!! What is BMR? Sorry probably stupid question....I exercise daily and burn anywhere from 200-300 calories, not very many...More when I golf. So I should most definitely be eating at least the 1200 calories and possibly some of the calories that I burn too?
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Let me see if I can shed light on this ..

You def need to eat back the exercise calories and def never under eat the 1200.

I personally think that you should lower your rate of loss. The 1200 calories is below your BMR (basal metabolic rate) ..But you burn calories in conjunction with BMR, called TEF, NEAT + Exercise = TDEE.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/931670/bmr-and-tdee-explained-for-those-needing-a-guide/p1

this link provides info above on how we burn calories (BMR, TEF, NEAT, EAT)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818082/exercise-calories-again-wtf/p1

http://fit101.org/the-step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal/
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    GREAT INSIGHT RoxieDawn, Thank You SO Much!!!!! You are AWESOME :)