A slave for fashion...

Options
So, I am new as of yesterday - and I am actually a very active girl - rowing, spinning, running, etc. The problem is the poor choices in diet - particularly after 3pm lol. This tracker on my phone WILL help me make better decisions. I also like the fact that I have people to "answer" to if I fail for the day.

I am currently doing this because I would like to get back to the weight I was in undergrad - which was only 25 lbs less than what I am now - plus 13 lbs more. Since I am pretty tall (5'10") I think this is do-able. Main motivations: fashion! I have my Joe's Jeans and my Levi Capitol E's hanging in my closet and I want to be back into them - is that such a bad thing? Oh and this gorgeous Marc Jacobs dress that is about 2-3 sizes too small at the moment. I will wear it! Finally, I think my side-dip booties for fall would look better on a thinner frame : ) If you can envision it - it will happen I say!

Oh, and the health factors are not so bad either. Getting BMI back to 25 : )

Anyhow - glad to meet you all. I am a teacher - so if anyone shares my stresses about short lunch schedules and grading stress, please write.

Take care all - Natasha

Replies

• agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have the same type of issue. I have a desk job so only the food I bring to work is the food I eat - it is very controlled. However, after I get out of work at 5pm, that is where everything used to crash and burn! The phone app is so helpful and so are all the people you will meet. Best of luck!
  • freshmenthesis
    freshmenthesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Although I always have been into weight loss with the primary goal of health I must say I am almost as swayed by fashion.
    I have always loved the cute, stylish clothes and am still working on being able to wear all of the things I want.
    It is nice to know that I am not alone.
    For me it's the retro, Jackie O. style that I feel would define me if I were able to wear skirts, anything sleeveless and those adorable retro shorts and bathing suits.
    As you said... anything is possible and someday it will be!
    :D
  • Natasha233
    Natasha233 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ha very nice! Love the vintage 50s/60s look myself! Only with certain outfits. One thing is for sure - I can't wear those at the moment lol. In due time. Good luck with your weight loss. - N