Low Cal, quick lunch ideas.....

Options
shera772
shera772 Posts: 19 Member
what are peoples favourite quick and easy lunch ideas? Im stuck in a rut!

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I like to roll turkey lunch meat up in romaine lettuce.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Today I had a potatoes and eggs salad for lunch. I had boiled potatoes and eggs already sitting in the fridge, all I had to do was chop them up and add mayo and mustard. About 400 calories for 1 potato and 2 whole eggs plus the works (mayo, mustard, paprika, garlic..etc). You could add celery or pickles if you wish, but I didn't feel like fussing about too much around the kitchen. I've had that 5 hours ago (along with a bowl of mushroom soup) and I'm still full. I might even skip dinner or just have a simple protein shake because I'm too full.
  • JessicaT1299
    JessicaT1299 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Salad in a mason jar! Here is a pinterest link that has been helpful for me. :)

http://pin.it/mS-O8-1
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I would look into meal prep. On Sunday I cook all of my breakfast, lunches and dinners so I can just grab and go in the morning before work. That way you can make almost anything work. You can do just lunches if that's all you need. Once you get used to it, it is really quick. I spend maybe 3 hours grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning. Of course there are weeks where I want to do something fancy so it might take longer depending on the difficulty.

Also, now that it's fall, doing something in the slow cooker while you are at work for the next day would be super easy and quick. I love soup, but you can make so many things!
  • kkrober25
    kkrober25 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been making roasted peppers, onions and either chicken or sirloin tips. I sprinkle it with cumin and salt.