Over 50 women who have lost how did you do it?

Options
Help!

Replies

• SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    they have a group on here that you can join, and you can read the success stories they have posted already on this link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10047153/55-65-year-old-womens-success#latest
    :)
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 52 and just getting started. I'm on Day 31. I used to lose weight pretty easily up through my 40s, but that has changed. I guess less muscle mass and a slower metabolism as a result (and much less hormones). Anyway, since I'm an officer worker and fairly sedentary, I chose sedentary in MFP which put me at 1200 calories. The first 2 weeks of that I thought I was going to die, but I did get used to it somewhat. I lost 6 lbs in 10 days. I upped my calories by 100-200 per day hoping it would help the little "stall" I had starting on day 11, but it's not really working. I am close to my goal weight so I have to face the fact that I can no longer drop 10 lbs in 2 lbs like I used to be able to do.

Just be serious about a calorie deficit, find foods that satisfy you on that deficit, and log, log, log...
  • merrymary615
    merrymary615 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    On September 4, I started doing 5:2 and have lost 9-10 pounds. I eat regular five days and then eat only 500 calories on each of the other two days. On the non-fast days, I do not gorge myself, but I also don't keep track of calories and have had pizza, cookies, ice cream, hamburger & fries. On the fast days (usually Monday and Thursday), I might have a crunchy taco and some raw veggies for lunch and a large Wendy's chili for dinner. Today I am having a Hormel Compleat dinner for lunch (200 calories), some fresh strawberries for an afternoon snack, and a WW meal and small salad for dinner. Weird, but I look forward to my "fast" days. I feel better, it's easy, and it's something I can do long term. Besides losing weight, the health benefits are great, too.
  • butterflyfreend
    butterflyfreend Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has the lost the weight that is vegan, any tips! Inspired after reading the stories!
  • averillgibson
    averillgibson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    great stories and great motivator. Its good to hear how other people do it and how everyone faces similar or the same challenges
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    62 and down 30 lbs but am currently stalled. After eating at 1200 calories for over a year, it gets challenging to stay motivated. It seems that I am fighting tooth and nail daily to be disciplined. So those of you that have done this successfully for years, please share some wisdom!
  • Eleted
    Options
    Nlevesque11887- WOW!! You are amazing! Thank you for the feedback and advice. Anyone who has been doing this for almost 2 years with such great success is worth listening to! Truly, I cannot discern why the motivation has waned. I have more to lose. You are an excellent role model and have motivated me. Thank you!
  • Eleted
    Options
    Nlevesque11887- WOW!! You are amazing! Thank you for the feedback and advice. Anyone who has been doing this for almost 2 years with such great success is worth listening to! Truly, I cannot discern why the motivation has waned. I have more to lose. You are an excellent role model and have motivated me. Thank you!
  • Eleted
    Options
  • pcheer
    pcheer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, lots of inspiring stories on here! I'm about one month in and I've lost about 8 pounds. For 20 years I smoked and was always 10 stone, I stopped in December 2015 and put on 3 stone! I'm also doing 'curves' fitness circuits three times a week, and definitely trying to move more as well. I find it hard to reduce carbs as my favourite foods have always been cereal and pasta! So I am eating smaller portions instead. I feel I need some new inspiring recipies, anyone got a good site you could recommend? Cheers folks, Polly
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    pcheer wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, lots of inspiring stories on here! I'm about one month in and I've lost about 8 pounds. For 20 years I smoked and was always 10 stone, I stopped in December 2015 and put on 3 stone! I'm also doing 'curves' fitness circuits three times a week, and definitely trying to move more as well. I find it hard to reduce carbs as my favourite foods have always been cereal and pasta! So I am eating smaller portions instead. I feel I need some new inspiring recipies, anyone got a good site you could recommend? Cheers folks, Polly

I love home made mac and cheese and anything on.rice. But now I mash cauliflower and have that instead. Mashed cauliflower in a cheese sauce is great and I really don't mind having butter chicken over it either.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!