Insomnia

Options
Does anyone else ave troubles sleeping for days on end? It can't be a lack of exercise that is for sure.

It is really starting to ruin my dieting lately. I've been eating dinner around 6 pm and then getting really hungry around midnight or 1 am when I can't fall asleep. Before I even really start the day I've already ate 300-400 calories because I can't sleep.

Am I the only one?

Replies

• kassandra1717
    kassandra1717 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Omg I did the exact same thing for months on end. I've been able to get over that recently. My body is now used to intermittent fasting and I honestly don't get hungry at night anymore. I think it's because I get to eat meals higher in calories cuz I only have 8 hours to get my cals in so I'm quite satisfied.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I've really been struggling with sleeping lately, and for once it's not because my daughter is waking me up :laugh: And I find I'm snacking at night cause I get hungry, don't eat breakfast until lunch cause I'm not hungry, but I don't know what it's all about. I've been keeping up with my excercises for the most part (had a couple of those days where it just didn't work out for me) but not enough that I think it's lack of excercise. Either way, I hope you get it worked out :happy:
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to do a post on this as I have had trouble sleeping in the past. I bought some "Nature Blessed Montmorency Tart Cherry Juice". I was skeptical at first but I've been using it now for about 3 months. It costs about 20 bucks for a quart bottle but it is a concentrate, you mix 2 TBS per 8 ounce glass of water. It is thick almost like cherry pie filling, thin it out and drink it. It has alot of melatonin in it and it also has really helped with joint stiffness. You can read alot of negative stuff online for how they have advertised their product but it has worked for me. I just had a glass over ice, it is very good. Good luck to you and hope you can get some sleep.

I would do the same thing, eat and before dawn I'd already eaten 200 calories. Also if you are doing any workouts before you go to sleep, that will rev you up and keep you from sleeping.
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yea I get it too off and on. Drives me insane when I get it.
    What are you doing right before you go to bed? Sometimes what you do can be causing it I found out.
    Oh and I was told to try one of them pillows that are cold. I know if my room is cold I sleep better.
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    I have major trouble falling asleep. I brush my teeth around 10:30 every night so that I don't want to eat anything after.

Also, I used to think this was really stupid and would never work but: since January I've been playing meditative music when I go to bed. It clears my head so I can just go to sleep. Sometimes I have to go through the playlist a couple times but eventually if I just focus on the music I can fall asleep.