Weight Loss Stress + Relationships

Options
Is there any one here who is going through a change, and because of that their personality/attitude is changing poorly?
Esp towards their partners, my girlfriend is the absolute best, she cooks for me, preps my meals, supports me and does everything that a supportive girlfriend does. Basically without her i wouldn't be able to do this.

There has been massive changes in my lifestyle that im dealing with, and some parts im not coping as well.

Yet all i do is focus on the negatives of what i am doing, the clean food, the training at 5am etc.

I dont acknowledge the 14kg i have lost in 8 weeks, or how my lifestyle is changing, how i am sleeping better, etc.

and she isnt taking it well, basically im being a POS about it and she isnt feeling appreciated.

I can say it now but im not showing it to her.

Help ME if you have been in a situation like this.

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    If you realize you're being a POS to her, then stop. Make her feel appreciated.

Not sure what else we can tell you, if you know what the problem is. Now that it's identified, take steps to fix it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    My fitness/weight loss goals have gotten obsessive. They put a strain on my relationship because of that, and because I changed during the course of it all.

Let her know you appreciate her. Make sure you are spending quality time together that isn't clouded by you focusing so much on your diet and fitness.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Try to be grateful for the support - or at least SHOW her how grateful you are. I'm on a weight loss & fitness journey and basically have NO support from my husband. I would love to have someone cooking and prepping my meals- but I have to do all that myself AND cook for him on top of it, and of course it's yummy tempting foods I can't eat too like bacon and grilled cheese sandwiches... he's always offering me beer & wine which I have to turn down, he barely ever goes to the gym with me and complains if I want to go when he'd rather me stay home and be a couch potato with him... try to remember how much harder this would be without her help and THANK HER. Out loud. Often... Tell her you appreciate her. Do something nice for her like a neck massage or foot rub or grocery shopping or getting her car washed or getting her flowers or whatever. If you're that cranky all the time you might also want to go a little higher on calories, sounds like you're hangry (hungry + angry).
  • daniel1987h
    daniel1987h Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    My fitness/weight loss goals have gotten obsessive. They put a strain on my relationship because of that, and because I changed during the course of it all.

Let her know you appreciate her. Make sure you are spending quality time together that isn't clouded by you focusing so much on your diet and fitness.

I think i been focussing on the negative of my changes the training early, the eating prepped foods only etc. and she is a very positive person, and im draining her.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    At east you realize it so now you can adjust your behavior
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Also you know you can have treat foods here & there if you just make it fit into your calories and macros...