SAHM Moms with young kids that workout at home

Options
I admit, I only worked out, for the most part at the gym until this school year. I am a "homemaker" AND I homeschool my 3 kids so I no longer have time to go to the gym during the day.

Do you do work out at home? When time works best for you? Do you let the kids get involved?

I have dumbbells, and incline bench, decline bench and an exercise ball.

I'd love to have more friends that are in the same boat/season of life as me to motivate and support each other.

Replies

• SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I am a SAHM and we also homeschool. My day is pretty packed but I usually do strength training 3 days a week, cardio 5 days a week, and yoga 2 days a week. I do it in the evening after everything is completed. Sometimes the kids join in, sometimes they don't. We do run around and play during the day as well and sometimes my youngest request kids yoga on youtube and we do that together. But, mostly, I use an app called Sworkit to do strength training in the form of calisthenics via circuit taining. Then for cardio I do zumba, kickboxing, or my favorite..running(which my youngest loves to do with me) For yoga I just do a youtube video. I've only ever done workout from home. There is no way I could fit in a gym everyday with our schedule. I've lost about 45lbs so far just working out from home and eating right. I'll send you a FR :)
  • miissalexandria
    miissalexandria Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Wow That's fantastic! Thanks for adding me!
  • nicole3921
    nicole3921 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm also a SAHM. I workout at home as well. I honestly don't have a set time that works best to workout. The husband works a crazy shift and we try and work out together. Sometimes I'll workout after he gets home about 830pm or like 2 in the afternoon. I would prefer mornings but he is not a morning person. However I get my workouts in! 3 days on 1 off. Right now we are doing core, chest and triceps, cardio, rest, lower body, shoulders, back and biceps, cardio and the rest and repeat

Feel free to add me
  • cinnamonsprinkles
    cinnamonsprinkles Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jessica I'm also a sahm but I do not homeschool. I have a 3 yr old boy and 10 month old girl. Struggling to lose the baby weight from my daughter. The weight melted off with my son by the time he was 6 months with my daughter its like my body thinks there is going to be a famine. I only workout at home and go jogging now around the house. I take the kids to these parks near us that have big ponds and small lakes and we'll walk around them in the double stroller.
    I'm more of a workout in the afternoon than the morning. Usually I try to do it when the kids are napping but that isn't always a choice so I will set them up with snacks and toys and they play off to the side and watchildrens or join in. Sometimes when my husband come home from work I will take and hour to do a power combo and do a Kettlebell session and then follow it with a jog to get about and hour workout.
    My favorite exercises that I do are Kettlebells, dumbells, circuit training, pilates, yoga, jogging, and using our elliptical. Some of my favorite trainers from my exercise dvds are Cathe Friedrich, Kelly Coffey-Meyer, Dasha Libin with Kettlebell kickboxing, Ryan Shanahan, The Firm, Jillian Michaels, and Bob Harper. My ultimate workout combo that has given me the best results so far almost immediately has been my "power combo" kettlebell session followed immediately by a 30-40 min jog.
    I started to get really serious about losing this stubborn baby weight about a month ago and so far I have lost 10 pounds and gained a ton of confidence. Add me if you'd like a friend and support along the way.
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm also a sahm. I have a 10 month old, 7 yr & a 12 yr old. I do my workouts in the morning after I drop off the kids at school. I do videos. 30 day shred, H.I.T.T. Workouts that I find on Youtube.. stuff like that. You can add me if you'd like but my postings go beyond fitness so if you are okay with that then I'll be happy to add you.
  • Aria603
    Aria603 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a work at home mom of a 3, 2, and 10 month old, so it's insane to find the time. I've just been doing it as soon as the 10 month old is asleep. I know I have a couple of hours before he wakes up for a feeding, so I can usually complete it. I WISH I could go in the morning. Once the 10 month old sleeps more consistently, I"m hoping to do just that.
  • shansadventure
    shansadventure Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM and homeschooling mom of 4: 14 months, 6, 9 and 10. I workout only at home and have lost 60 lbs since February. I also recommend Leslie Sansone videos, both on YouTube and DVDs cheap from ebay. As far as time, I'm all over the place. I've done first thing in the morning, during the day, and after everyone's in bed, it just depends. My kids were more interested when I first started. I did get them Leslie's kid workout video and the family workout video.
  • 808Trish808
    808Trish808 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM and homeschooling mom of 4: 14 months, 6, 9 and 10. I workout only at home and have lost 60 lbs since February. I also recommend Leslie Sansone videos, both on YouTube and DVDs cheap from ebay. As far as time, I'm all over the place. I've done first thing in the morning, during the day, and after everyone's in bed, it just depends. My kids were more interested when I first started. I did get them Leslie's kid workout video and the family workout video.

Great! My favorites are with wrist weights and bands.