101lbs lost-CICO, all the foods I love, and I'm not done.

Options
MissusMoon
MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
edited October 2016 in Success Stories
Today is my birthday, and I gave myself the gift of 101lbs lost today. And very few will like what I have to say.

I've eaten anything I've wanted, but I've stuck with my MFP calorie goals. I've gone from blaming my health conditions, an alleged "poor metabolism" pushing a size 24 to size 10.

I've used a food scale, fought my own fatlogic, and made the decision that sticking to my diet and exercise goals is like sticking to my budget, to parenting my children, to going to work even if I don't feel like. I only gave up things that I've finally decided aren't worth the caloric hit. There are no magic foods. There are no magic diets, elimination or inclusions. There is you. And there is you eating too much, or just right to lose or maintain. For me, cheat days were permission to overeat, and frankly, I'm done with that insanity.

I started this journey April 3rd. I'm tall, and I'm still seven pounds into the obese BMI. I'm not giving anyone specifics because I want to tell you...my build, my height, my fitness level is not yours. And you need to accept it. You need to do what you need to do and get to where you are meant to be. Stop worrying about loose skin when you haven't lost any weight yet. Stop wondering what size you're going to be. How long you've been overweight or obese and all your stats make a difference. So keep working toward the best YOU you can be. Please a good doctor and please yourself, no one else.

What I will tell you is that I had so called metabolic challenges, I had issues that gave me chronic pain and fatigue, and they are hitting me at least 90% less than they did when I began. Doctors aren't fatshaming you. They are telling you the truth. You feel and get better when you become active and lose weight. Several months ago, I was beyond sedentary. Today, if I do so few as 15K steps, I feel lazy. I am becoming strong, I am now moderately active by TDEE--which is a level many don't understand here and think they are at but are not--and I will never go back. I feel 20-30 years younger than I did a few months ago. Who cares if I have loose skin or am I size what or what? I can run and climb many flights of stairs without being winded.

Be disciplined. Buy that food scale. Consider your health and fitness goals to be part of adulting. Stop making excuses, and do it whether you feel like it or not. ONE HUNDRED AND ONE POUNDS. Eating ice cream. PIzza. Hot wings. Tequila. Wine. But never lying. Weighing and measuring. Doing what I had to do.

YOU CAN DO THIS.

Replies

• SalvationMountain41
    SalvationMountain41 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love this. I too have 100 pounds to lose and appreciate the insight. It sounds like you found a formula that will work for you long term. Bravo!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Nice post!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I like this- it is awesome, inspiring, and insightful.
    Well done @MissusMoon <3
    Love the delivery too.

Cheers, h.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Amazing, inspiring story! Taking responsibility is the only way to do it!

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    You put it so well. Congratulations to you and a bright healthy future. You hit so many crucial points--it's true that there are people that do it without using a food scale, but in my opinion, they are the minority and just put newbies on the wrong path. Go you!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and a belated Happy Birthday!
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That's amazing and I love your profile pic, it's like you planned that too!
  • Gerbsxyng412
    Gerbsxyng412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Well done! I love your story & attitude!

I lost over 1/2 of my current body weight and have kept it off now for almost 3 years. This IS a personal journey, and you DO have to design it to your own specific goals and lifestyle. What works for one person, will not necessarily work for another.

OP you are an inspiration to many! Congratulations on your success!
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    well done. I'm nearly 60lbs down myself. I used a food scale and measuring cups to learn what proper portions looked like and it has worked. I've chosen not to log my food because I don't want to do that forever but my wife is doing the same thing you did and its working for her.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and Happy Birthday!! And may your next year be even better!!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Your words ring so TRUE! It is a personal journey for each of us. Congratulations and thank you for inspiring me again.
  • onecatleadstoanother
    Options
    April of 2016? Amazing, great job!!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and nice job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!