T.O.M What happens for you ladies?

Options
So it's my awesome time of the month, actually it only happens for me every 4 mths or so with PCOS. So according to the scales I've gained five pounds...ummmmm wtf! I haven't changed a gosh darn thing about my eating habits or exercise so is this just heavy ovaries.......lol

Replies

• AnnaValek
    AnnaValek Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It the water retention, you'll be fine when you're done with your menstruation period. It should all return to normal. Keep drinking lots of water and hammer down on the veggies though.
  • Boladefuego326
    Boladefuego326 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    grrrrrr me too. I usually bloat and gain 5-8 lbs a week before i start my period. :/ But oddly enough, that's when I'm usually rly motivated to work out...it's weird :O
  • nikkidee1983
    Options
    It's typical menstrual cycle bloating. Don't stress, just wait it out and weigh in again after it's over. I tend to bloat a lot at the very beginning of mine or just prior to getting it. According to my scale just a few days ago I had gained back the 6 pounds I've lost since May, and today I was back to normal.

Love the perks of being a woman!
  • hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    Options
    It's just TOM, happens to me too. Just shrug it off and not worry, you are going to bloat then and that will add weight, I was 5-7 lbs heavier during mine last week. Part of being female
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh in during TOM. Weight is always out of whack and it's pointless to weigh in then imo.
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yeah, PCOS here too, and I can gain up to 10, but I also skip 2-3 months and then go an entire month. My best advice is to continue to work through it. I know it's hard because I'm there right now (my weight is up and at a complete standstill), and I get so depressed that I feel like I can't be bothered, but I have my husband and you guys to remind me about my goals and keep me motivated. Good luck and know it's normal! Push through!
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    OK thanks so much for all of the info....really helps me figure this crap out....
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I always go up a couple pounds right before (1 to 2 weeks before and not being able to loose it...). And then during TOM and immediately after I loose several pounds all at once..usually just during TOM its several pounds and then after its a normal amount of weight...then I start to slow down/lose nothing until its my TOM again..ugh... its why I've been on here 17weeks now and I've been plateaued about 8 of those weeks, yet my weight loss average remains at 3lbs a week. Its dumb
  • Malani2010
    Malani2010 Posts: 245
    Options
    I agree its water retention!!!! Now I have heard that if you put lemon juice or fresh lemons in your water it can counter act the retention. I have gotten mine back this month since having my daughter. It came back with a vengeance lol. Water was the only that worked with out me gaining too much.
  • cassmsta
    cassmsta Posts: 75
    Options
    I literally gained 15 pounds last month during my T.O.M, I have Endometriosis, so I am going to assume it was the build up of that, Im new at this regular weighing thing so I have no idea what happens every-time,