It feels like im over eating

Options
Hello
I am new to this eating healthy thing :)
my question is I never use all of my calories & feel full even if i spread my meals out to small portions 6 times a day (not including snacks). I used to always be hungry before I started my diet & now I am always feeling so full. I feel like im over eating. I dont go over any of the #s on the food diary. I just hope im doing this right.
Thanks
Liz

Replies

• Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I'm new here too, only been on for about 4 or 5 days, and I feel the same way. However, I already lost about 90+ lbs and couldn't seem to lose any more, so I started on here...and I agree with you I am FULL. You are doing this right....feed to fuel the body to lose weight... Otherwise it shuts down.... You'll see...you'll love it. And Healthy food fills you up faster..and stays with you longer. Lots of fiber does that...
  • raefrog
    raefrog Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Be careful, if you eat too few calories then your body will go into starvation mode and you will stop losing weight. There are healthy foods that can add extra calories to your meals like nuts or a little bit of cheese to make sure you are getting enough calories.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    If you've set up the site correctly, you should be OK. Personally, I set it up for "sedentary" life style with zero work outs and zero weight loss. That will give you the minimum number of calories you need to keep your weight. After you notice what it comes up to, change the weight loss to 1 lbs per week, and you'll be OK.
  • shootoutx3
    shootoutx3 Posts: 24
    Options
    I feel the same way. I just finished day 3 and already I'm feeling full faster, not finishing some meals, and I still don't use all my calories.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Does anybody want my extra calories?! LOL I been here for 65 days now and trying to eat back these extra calories is almost impossible!! I hate to add junk just to get to 1200!
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Options
    The way you feel all depends on the types of food you are eating. If you are eating really clean and getting full on nutrient and water dense foods then good for you! That's a good thing and means you are doing it right. In my experience, its very true that you will have a really hard time losing weight if you don't meet your daily calorie goals. I get really tired and weak AND don't lose weight when I fail to meet my goals. So you really do need to eat all your calories, including exercise calories.

Now you just need to play around with your macro-nutrient numbers. I'm still fiddling around with the macro nutrient ratio that's right for me but 40/35/25 carbs/protein/fat is a good place to start. Different macros give you different satiety feelings at different times.

Make sure you get your carbs from whole sources and natural sugars. (the MFP default sugars goal is very low btw) Protein should be lean and from chicken, fish, tofu, egg whites, protein powder supps, and beans, and fats should be from high quality sources like olive oil, almonds, walnuts, flax, and fish.

If you are getting full really fast perhaps you are eating too many carbs which tend to fill you up. And perhaps your fat intake is too low so you are not meeting your calorie requirements. Fat sources are super calorie dense so it only takes a handful of almonds or a couple teaspoons of olive oil to add healthy fats and calories to your daily total.

Your food diary is private so I don't know exactly what you are eating, but once you balance your macros it should be easier for you to meet your goals and you will feel great too!
  • beautifulqueen1973
    Options
    The way you feel all depends on the types of food you are eating. If you are eating really clean and getting full on nutrient and water dense foods then good for you! That's a good thing and means you are doing it right. In my experience, its very true that you will have a really hard time losing weight if you don't meet your daily calorie goals. I get really tired and weak AND don't lose weight when I fail to meet my goals. So you really do need to eat all your calories, including exercise calories.

Now you just need to play around with your macro-nutrient numbers. I'm still fiddling around with the macro nutrient ratio that's right for me but 40/35/25 carbs/protein/fat is a good place to start. Different macros give you different satiety feelings at different times.

Make sure you get your carbs from whole sources and natural sugars. (the MFP default sugars goal is very low btw) Protein should be lean and from chicken, fish, tofu, egg whites, protein powder supps, and beans, and fats should be from high quality sources like olive oil, almonds, walnuts, flax, and fish.

If you are getting full really fast perhaps you are eating too many carbs which tend to fill you up. And perhaps your fat intake is too low so you are not meeting your calorie requirements. Fat sources are super calorie dense so it only takes a handful of almonds or a couple teaspoons of olive oil to add healthy fats and calories to your daily total.

Your food diary is private so I don't know exactly what you are eating, but once you balance your macros it should be easier for you to meet your goals and you will feel great too!

I am eating grilled chicken veggies, fruit, nuts, lotsa water, unsweetened ice tea, fiber one, multi grain cheerios & 1% fat free milk. Im meating my calorie goal i just feel super full!
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Options
    It sounds like you're doing great then! It sounds like you are getting a lot of fiber, which is really good for colon and heart health as well as making you feel full so keep it up. Its okay to be full and remember you can use calorie dense foods like oils, nuts, seeds, whole grain pasta, and dried fruits to bump up calories without filling up too much.
  • Trojen13
    Trojen13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great, changing the type of foods you eat and when you eat them can make your body register that it is full quicker... you may find that your stomach has shrunk also... Well done on your progress so far!!!:smile:
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    sure you are. your body adapts over time... the more you eat the more it takes to make you feel full..the less you eat the less it takes you to feel full.

when i am on a cut, i feel hungry all the time until my body adjusts. when i'm eating more to build muscle it takes me a while for my body to adjust to the increase in food intake.
  • beautifulqueen1973
    Options
    THANKS SO MUCH EVERYBODY!!!!