Frustrated

I am getting so frustrated. I am being super good with my calories, while I don't eat back my exercise calories, I eat around 1500 cals a day on average. I have been exercising like a fiend (2-3 days circuit training, spin, cardio days). And I can't get the scale to go down. I have been on the cusp of 100lbs lost for ages now. i have a nice reward lingering if I can get there (mini make over - which I am tempted to just go have regardless) but more importantly I want the knowledge of knowing I have lost 100lbs. I don't know what else to change up.
Rant over, thanks for reading.

Replies

• hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    I have seen many on here say they kick started their weightloss again but upping calories or zigzagging calories. There should be some threads on it if you search for them
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,543 Member
    Do you have any rest days? If not, they are very important to weight loss...although you do feel guilty for not working out LOL.

Also have you tried cycling calories? Up one day, down the next?
  • JJHudgens
    JJHudgens Posts: 96 Member
    Even without eating back your exercise calories, you're eating an average of 1500 calories/day?
  • mu1tiplydivide
    mu1tiplydivide Posts: 7 Member
    Plateauing is the most frustrating thing.

Whenever I get stuck at a certain number, I try to switch it up a little bit. Change my calorie intake, change my workout routine, even sometimes give myself a break and let my body relax without too much exercise. I've noticed that this can make a big difference for me.

Stay positive! It will come off!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    It may be time to up your calories. Based on how much you're working out -- sometimes as we get leaner, our bodies simply need more calories (muscle burns calories and fat doesn't -- so the more muscle we have.. the more we'll burn on a daily basis).

I say up your calories by a 100 or 200 for a few weeks to see if it makes a difference.

I eat between 2200-2500 calories (NET) a day and I'm happily maintaining 143-145lbs. :)
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    STEPH...

I saw this for me too... and it's probably why I don't ever want to exercise hard the night before my weigh-in day. When I up my burn, my body kinda freaks out and wants to hold on to the weight. I also know that upping my calories helped me drop the weight. I think that we need to change things up a little every now and then because our bodies need to not get too comfortable! Perhaps it's time to move the calories up or down for a period of time. My bet is to up them with the burn you've been having... The formula I use is to look at my average burn per week. For every 1600 calories burned average per week - I need to adjust my calories by approximately 100 per day of protein from my BASE calorie goal. So, if 1500 is what your base has been. Look at what your exercise burn was for the last week and divide that by 1600. Then, take that number multiplied by 100 and that should give you at least a little idea of a possible solution.

I also know that my mind plays a powerful role in my stalls... but that's all this is for you! A STALL. It's momentary and it will pass.

LOVE YA!!
    ~ Becky
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    You have to eat to lose weight. Your body is holding on to food because it knows that this is all it's going to get. Eat back a few more of those workout calories and let your body know that there is more food coming.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    I can't see your diary, but you probably need to eat more healthy food. You have to feed your body good fuel in order to loose weight. Eat back some, most, of your exercise calories.
  • mjsweet
    mjsweet Posts: 3
    I could have wrote this post myself, and have been on the verge of writing it many times that last few weeks. I feel stuck!!!!! I have lost 93 pounds and then it seems like it just stopped. My calories are right where they should be. I am working out 5 days a week, averaging between 700 and 1100 calorie burn. I just don't get it, and I have been on the verge of just throwing in the towel lately! It would be different if I was a few pounds from my goal, but I still have at least 80 pounds to loses to put me with in reach of a normal goal. Sorry I know this is not helping, but it helped me a bit me see that it was not just me! At least I know it is not something that I personally am doing wrong. I am going to try this week to mix up all of my "normals" I started this morning by doing a totally different workout that normal and over the week will be trying to yo-yo my calories. I am hoping that this might help jump start things a bit. I am 67 pounds away from booking a vacation. I will get there!!!!