Just keep going!!!

Options
When I sit here and say "OH MY GOSH! I'VE LOST ALMOST 20 LBS" I get so excited and so... YAY!!! haha. Then I sit there and think "Oh my gosh! I still have 80 lbs to lose!" I just get down a little! Especially when I see my mom just breezing through everything haha.

People keep telling me they see the difference yet I don't see it as much! I DO almost need a new belt! That is a plus :)

Needless to say, I would like to find some friends who are around my age (21, 22 in a month) and had/have a lot of weight to lose as well.

Oh and any secrets you would like to share would be great! I'm stuck in the middle of no where with no access to a gym or anything. =[ My gym is currently hiking.

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I have that feeling too - I lost enough weight that I notice it in my clothes but then I see myself in the mirror and oh GOD there is BACKFAT and just ....augh. And I realize that if I lose 1lb a week faithfully at best I will have crept into the 'healthy' weight at christmas...6 months and I will be back to the weight I was at when I started working, which was already heavier than ideal.

Can't do anything but keep plugging away.

Join a challenge maybe, I am doing a few and it helps me actively check in and just think about weight loss every day. Plus I get some ideas for workouts and things.
  • TaushasJourney
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm 23 and using biking & running as my "gym." I will send you a friend request. :) Are you taking your measurements or taking progress pics at all? I would recommend it---it's easier to see your progress that way, IMO.
  • singinglinda
    singinglinda Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm taking measurements every couple of weeks or so. I have lost a couple inches for sure :) haha
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Oh and for working out I was walking and now I am playing Dance Central on the kinect (Xbox). Thinking about getting Your Shape Fitness evolved for the kinect too.

Other people seem to get good results with exercise videos like the 30 day shred and BeachBody videos. I feel silly doing them, personally.
  • teachingcolleen
    Options
    You know I am not just breezing through this. I have my good days and bad. We just can't give up. Also, don't forget we have badminton.