The Myers Way OR AIP

Options
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone out there in the MFP world is following or has followed The Myers Way elimination diet for autoimmune disease (or related AIP diet).

I am currently following the Myers Way Paleo protocol since June and am struggling with some reintroductions. It would be great to have someone to bounce thoughts/ideas off of!

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I am doing Sarah Ballantyne's version of Aip since May. Depending on the severity of your health issues, it may take some time before your symptoms significantly improve...that is when you should try reintros.

Anyway, Phoenix Helix has some great tips and an ebook solely on reintroduction. http://www.phoenixhelix.com/2015/10/03/top-5-mistakes-people-make-reintroducing-foods/
  • dmaxma
    dmaxma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Also doing Sarah Ballantyne's AIP -- I've had celiac for a decade and recently acquired 2 new AI diagnoses:( and am trying to recover after a pretty serious flare. I've done Whole30 in the past, successfully, and completely understand that food has a huge impact on how I feel, but am struggling with completely committing to AIP -- even knowing how much it will likely help! Any tips/ suggestions?
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Think of like his way: inflammation usually occurs a long time before symptoms manifest, It's going to take a long time to reverse it. Like everything else in life (whether it's Something like weight loss or expecting a promotion), it takes both effort and patience to get where you want to be. Its not just food, but also sleep, reasonable exercise and stress management. How long have you been on the Aip? Have you seen any improvements?