HRMV: Heart Rate Monitor Victory

Options
fastbelly
fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
Today was set to be a recovery day and I went out this morning with the intention of taking it slow and steady but 5 or 6 minutes into the walk I was feeling great so I started to jog slowly... I kept jogging and walking and walking and jogging for 1 hour and 25 minutes covering the longest distance I've done so far in one workout 10.56Km and burning also the most calories in a single workout session: 1280 calories according to the HRM (You can see the pic on my profile main pic). After setting a personal best for speed yesterday over 8Km, today I set 2 personal best in distance covered and calories burnt.... not bad for a recovery day!!!

Tomorrow I need to recover though!!!!

Note to self, rest on wednesday!!! :)

If anyone out there is around the same zone with regards to exercise and wants to share experiences feel free to add me or message me, it would be interesting to share experiences with people that are around the same level.

Have a good day everyone!

Replies

• missa1982
    missa1982 Posts: 30
    Options
    Well done! I have a HRM too and I find it very motivating.
  • hayley_m
    hayley_m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!!! well done you!!! be ver proud of yourself!!! :drinker:
  • fastbelly
    Options
    Well done! I have a HRM too and I find it very motivating.

It is indeed a great piece of kit that will make you visualize exactly where you are and how you're evolving.
  • fastbelly
    Options
    thats awesome!!! well done you!!! be ver proud of yourself!!! :drinker:

Thanks, I am very happy with my progress so far. When you look back into the records and see that in March I was struggling to walk 4Km seing that now I can mix walk and jog for 10 and keep a lower avg heart rate is very motivating.
    Thanks again for the kind words.
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Big congrats to you!!!

I like working out to a target heart rate. I work at 160 BPM. I used to head up to the 200s (short bursts) for fun but those days are over. I also rate my fitness level using the following metrics.

1. Time to Target : Running at a steady pace, how long does it take from the time you start to the time your HR hits the target. Right now it takes me 6MPH for 2.2 miles. Used to get to 160 BPM at 4MPH and ½ mile.

2. Time to recover: After working at your target for a set period of time, how long (at a walk) does it take to get back below 120 BPM HR. I can get there in under 2 minutes after 30 minutes at target. Used to take 10 minutes.

3. At what pace can you hold target for ½ hour. Example if you are running 5 MPH and your HR is approx 160 the whole time then you are holding target (assuming it is 160) at 5MPH.

All of the above metrics will improve as your fitness improves. It gives you more data points to log and track which can serve as a great inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!