It's time to get my crap together!

Options
EcmoMom22
EcmoMom22 Posts: 17 Member
edited October 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Sandra, I'm 24 and I live in Plano, TX (right outside Dallas). I'm a FT college student and a single mother to a beautiful 2 month old little boy named Ezra!

Honestly, I've tried this weight loss crap before and always lost my motivation and gave up within a week or two but this time I am determined to get my crap together not just for myself but for my son and any future children I choose to have.

Unlike most people I don't have a true goal weight because to me it's not about what the scale says. My goal is to look in the mirror and love myself again which I think was around 200 or 220 which is still overweight according to any medical professional but I have no interest in being skinny or wearing a bikini, I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin and love my body again!

My first "goal" is 19 lbs which would put me back at pre-pregnancy weight. The think I will find most challenging is finding time to cook/eat healthier because as of now being a single mom to a newborn AND a FT student, I barely have time to shower in peace let alone cook a "healthy" meal.

I love meeting new people (local or not) so if anyone would like a weight loss buddy or would just like to follow my journey, feel free to add me and/or send me a message!

Replies

• MabethBarba
    MabethBarba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it, and you will find the time. I was the same quitting after one or two weeks expecting to lose 10 pounds each month, is not realistic. But now I´ve made of exercise a habit and I have already lost 40 pound. What I have trouble though is what goes in my mouth. I drink a lot of soda and I know is bad for me. Hopefully we can support each other in loving what we see when we look our reflection.
  • lee1042
    lee1042 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandra, I too am trying to get my crap together. Yes, I always lose my motivation too. Keeping fingers crossed that it does not happen again. My first goal is a measly 7 lbs. (currently 182). I used to exercise all the time but I fell out of the habit. I'm going to try and go back to the gym and start exercising again. Hopefully all the hard work will pay off for both of us. Best luck to you.
  • LizPalen412
    LizPalen412 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm just "up the road" from you in OKC. I don't have any kids, but I do work a lot, and I've found that blocking out a Sunday afternoon to do all my cooking for the week helps a lot. I never seem to have the time or energy to try and exercise after work AND cook, so if I have some healthy recipes already prepared that I can just heat up, I'm more likely to stick to my healthy eating. Also, I get a lot of pretty quick/easy and healthy recipes on www.skinnytaste.com if you want to check it out - it also already provides the nutritional info so you don't even have to take the time to calculate it.

Good luck to you!
  • EcmoMom22
    Options
    You can do it, and you will find the time. I was the same quitting after one or two weeks expecting to lose 10 pounds each month, is not realistic. But now I´ve made of exercise a habit and I have already lost 40 pound. What I have trouble though is what goes in my mouth. I drink a lot of soda and I know is bad for me. Hopefully we can support each other in loving what we see when we look our reflection.

Congratulations on your current loss of 40 pounds, that's great!!! I stopped drinking soda awhile back so that won't be a problem for me, plus I'm not picky and I don't mind diet soda but I do love me some sweet tea. It's a Texas thing! lol
  • EcmoMom22
    Options
    lee1042 wrote: »
    Hi Sandra, I too am trying to get my crap together. Yes, I always lose my motivation too. Keeping fingers crossed that it does not happen again. My first goal is a measly 7 lbs. (currently 182). I used to exercise all the time but I fell out of the habit. I'm going to try and go back to the gym and start exercising again. Hopefully all the hard work will pay off for both of us. Best luck to you.

I think exercise is gonna be my #1 problem. I can't join a gym or anything because I have a newborn that I obviously can't just leave at home so it seems like the main form of exercise I can do is walking which in the very beginning will help but once I start getting closer to my goal "weight"/body walking won't help tone or anything.

7 lbs is a great starting goal, I wish you the best!!!

We can do this
  • EcmoMom22
    Options
    Hey there, I'm just "up the road" from you in OKC. I don't have any kids, but I do work a lot, and I've found that blocking out a Sunday afternoon to do all my cooking for the week helps a lot. I never seem to have the time or energy to try and exercise after work AND cook, so if I have some healthy recipes already prepared that I can just heat up, I'm more likely to stick to my healthy eating. Also, I get a lot of pretty quick/easy and healthy recipes on www.skinnytaste.com if you want to check it out - it also already provides the nutritional info so you don't even have to take the time to calculate it.

Good luck to you!

Thank you very much for sharing the website, I'm gonna go check it out right now before I head to the grocery store!!!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    We should totally motivate each other. i Am trying to stay on track and get back on it! Add me if youd like :)